•33•

"A m-motel?.." Darlene looked at the building in front of them in fright.

She heard a few stories about men harassing vulnerable women like her in there and taking them in their rooms to rape them.

But she's just overthinking, right? Nothing will actually happen to her.

Jason sighed. "Yeah. It's the last option we got."

Darlene looked at Jason with pleading expression.

Jason pitifully looked back at her.

He knows that she's scared, and that made him feel bad for the girl.

"I'll walk you in." Jason said reassuringly, gesturing for them to go inside.

"O-okay." Darlene said before gulping nervously.

As they walked towards the motel, she saw a few men around the parking lot, probably drunk.

They were probably from that pub next to the motel.

One random drunk dude looked at her and whistled.

As he did that, his friends looked her way, also checking her out.

"Damn, babygirl. You're thick!" That one guy shouted.

That made her super uncomfortable now.

She moved closer to Jason's said while looking terrified. "Why did I have to wear a skirt..." She mumbled to herself.

Jason glared at the guys that catcalled Darlene, but did not do anything and just kept walking towards the motel.

If it was Nick though, he would've beat the shit out of those guys.

"One room, please." Jason said to the receptionist as soon as they got in.

The receptionist looked up at them with a smile as she handed them a key. "Here you go, you lovely couple. Have fun doing whatever you're planning on doing."

Jason glared at the receptionist while Darlene's face was flushed

"I'm gay." Jason said to the receptionist before taking the key and leaving her completely off guard of what he just said.

Darlene was in shock too.

Darlene followed Jason to where her room is, and as she was doing that, she decides to ask. "Y-you were only joking, r-right?.. You only said that so the receptionist wouldn't think we were actually together..."

Jason ignored her and kept on walking.

••

"It's getting dark.. where's daddy?.." Nick said in a pout, about to cry.

Carson pats Nick's head, comforting him. "Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be back for you."

Javi nodded. "Yeah, he loves you a lot. He'll never leave you."

Dan was pouting, also about to cry. "Don't cry!... You're making me cry..."

"Dang it." Justin clicked his tongue as the number he dialed couldn't be reached again.

Mike looked at him. "He still wouldn't answer?"

Justin shakes his head, sighing. "No."

"Where the hell is that guy? Does he even worry about his little at all?" Caleb said angrily as he looked through the window.

Mike sighs and sat next to Nick.

He ruffled his hair and comfortingly said, "Don't worry, bud. I'm sure Jason just caught up with something and was not able to contact any of us. He'll come back."