•13•

Jason flinches as he wakes up to wails.

He squints his eyes to see Nick bolting right up and crying loudly.

Once he sees this, he sits up and hugs the wailing Nick despite his tired and sleepy state.

The little responds by hugging back.

"Shhh, it's okay." Jason whispers with his raspy voice as he comforts his step-brother.

"He don like me no more..." Nick cries into Jason's arms.

"Who?" Jason asked softly.

"Cal.. he don like me.. looks like he likes somewan elsh.." Nick continues to slur his words while sniffling.

Jason furrows his eyebrows in confusion at first but then he was hit with realization.

The Callum he met at the park was the guy his step-brother was seeing?...

Bro-

What a small world.

Jason continues to comfort Nick. "What made you say so, hm?"

Nick sniffs and wipes his tears. "It look like he like somebody elsh.." He cries and hugs Jason tighter, burying his head deeper into the olders chest.

Jason rubs circles on the younger's back soothingly, making sure the younger feel comforted.

"Well.. did you really like him?" Jason asked, sounding a bit sad.

"Uh-huh.." Nick answers back, his voice muffled.

Jason was a bit disappointed.

He sighs. "You can find someone else. Someone that can love you more than Callum ever did." He said, not really thinking much of what he said.

Nick looks up at Jason, eyes puffy from crying and pout evident on his lips. "R-really?"

Jason then had no choice but to answer, so he hums, saying yes.

Nick continues to pout. "B-but.. no one elsh likes me.. 'cause I ugly.."

Oh hell naw-

Jason breaks their hug and holds Nick by his shoulders as he shake his head disapprovingly. "Nonsense. You're adorable, and I'm pretty sure someone does like you, like a whole lot." He says, making eyecontact with the younger.

And as all of you know already, when he meant someone, he was referring to himself.

"Chu know who lwike me?.." Nick asks innocently, wanting to know who this person that apparently likes him, according to Jason.

Jason smiles and can't help but squeeze the youngers cheeks gently.

Nick whines adorably in response.

Which made Jason coo at him.

"Yeah, I know someone." Jason says, answering the younger's question.

Are you seriously going to confess now?

Alright man-

Good luck—

Nick gasped cutely. "Who ish it?.. Maybe I lwike them too.." Or maybe not— since Nick only knows a few people in his life that he is closed with.

So he has big doubts.

But he still wanted to know nonetheless.

Jason laughs. "You'll probably won't."

Nick tilts his head, slightly agreeing with Jason. "Who ish it then?" He still wanted to know who this person is though.

Jason is very hesitant to tell the younger.