•10•

"Hello?" Callum says through the phone.

He was sitting on the couch, reading his book while his little brother watches tv.

But suddenly, his phone rang.

Teddy, Callum's little brother, hears this and came to pick it up from the coffee table.

Callum looks up from his book. "Who's calling, bud?"

The little boy looks at the screen and reads the caller id. "It's.. N..nick!" He exclaims excitedly.

Callum's eyes widen in surprise.

He didn't expect the latter to call him, or even text him.

Little Teddy ran to his big brother, handing the phone.

Callum hesitantly answers.

"Hello?"

"H-hey.." He hears Nick stutter nervously.

"Tell him I miss him already, please!" Teddy says with a big grin on his face.

Callum hears Nick chuckle.

"Put it on speaker." Nick says, and Callum obliges, turning on speaker.

"I miss you too, li'l ted!"

Teddy gasps cutely. "Nick! When are you going to visit again? Can you play with me?"

Nick laughs dryly. "Uhm.. soon. Yeah– soon.."

Callum finally speaks up. "Hey, bud. Can me and Nick talk for a sec? You go on and keep watching SpongeBob, aight?" Before the little could even say anything, Callum ruffles his hair and gestures him away after. 

Little Teddy pouts but went back to his spot, leaving Callum alone.

As soon as little teddy was now preoccupied, Callum cleared his throat. "Do you have anything to say–"

"I'm sorry.." Nick says instantly.

"Can you tell why you're sorry?" Callum says firmly.

He heard the latter gulp from the other line.

"I-i left suddenly and left you alone.. in the park.." Nick says, sounding guilty.

Weird.

Callum feels like he's scolding a child.

"Are you really sorry?"

Nick nods, lowering his head.

Once he realizes that Callum couldn't actually see him, he got a little embarrassed.

"Y-yeah.. I'm sorry."

Callum chuckles. "Okay, I forgive you."

Nick smiles. "Really?! I mean— that's- really good to know.." Nick scratches the back of his neck.

He hears a laugh from the other line.

"–I don't know what I would do if you were still mad at me if I'm being honest.." Nick adds.

"What took you so long to just say that?" Callum laughs.

"Uh well—" Nick blushes in embarrassment. "I was anxious.. and thought you wouldn't forgive me and leave me for good."

Callum laughs even more.

Nick pouts. "What's so funny?.."

Callum's laugh dies down. "You're cute."

Nick blushes. "Nah."

"By the way, can we go meet up somewhere? I miss you." Nick blushes even more as he says this.