•9•

"Oh, what a coincidence."

Callum looks up from his book to see an awkwardly smiling Jason.

He was currently at the park early in the morning, he went there alone with his book to get his mind at ease.

Callum smiles back at the taller. "Oh hey," He greets, looking back at his book.

Jason sits down next to him with a sigh. "You alone?"

Callum looks at him with furrowed eyebrows. "That sounds creepy.."

Jason laughs awkwardly while scratching the back of his head. "I didn't mean it to come out like that.."

"What I meant was— you alone and not with that friend of yours?"

Callum nods slowly in response.

Jason looks at Callum's face.

He looks sad, and disappointed.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

That made Callum look up at Jason.

Jason got flustered. "I mean— only if you want to.. I'll listen." He offers.

Callum sighs. "Well.. I still haven't heard of him yet. I was kinda waiting for a text or a call but.. I just got nothing."

Callum laughs bitterly. "I can't believe I waited all night for that apology text. I still haven't received till now." He took out his phone to check, still nothing.

Jason scoffs. "I told you, he's a douche."

"I'm sure he has a reason.." Callum convinced himself.

They seat there for awhile, enjoying how the cold wind of the morning would just brush through their body causing the hair on their skin to stand up.

The sun wasn't completely out yet, and there isn't much people.

It really was relaxing.

••

"Shit. I can't do it." Nick groans, stuffing his face onto his pillow.

Callum has been in his mind all night. He couldn't sleep well without talking to him or hearing his voice.

But he knew he couldn't just do that.

He knew the shorter was mad, Nick only knows because the latter hasn't texted him since last night.

He tried to apologize through text, but he didn't know how to put it in words.

So he wasn't able to.

He just ended up staring at his phone all night, contemplating about what he has done.

He couldn't do it.

Apologize, I mean.

It's so easy though?

"I'm sorry."

Why can't he just say that?

It was already morning, and he still hasn't had any progress.

Nick groans again, standing up, stumbling a bit.

It was still early for him to get up, he thinks.

But he just felt like he needed to get up from bed.

He goes downstairs and decides to cook breakfast for him and Jason, even though he assumed the older was still sleeping.

As soon as he gets in the kitchen, he saw a plate of food inside a plastic thing, with a note on top.