•7•

"Where are you going?" Jason asked the nicely dressed younger.

"On a date." The younger replied simply with smile.

"Date with another hoe you met online?" Jason comments as he grabs his car keys.

Nick glares at him. "Cal is not a hoe! He is really nice, and really cute." Nick states.

Jason rolled his eyes, about to go out the door. "Whatever-"

"And where are you going?" Nick raises an eyebrow as he approaches the door, also about to leave.

"To go get my car back. I left it at Mulligan's Pub, and I'm bringing it back." Jason opens the door and leaves.

Nick follows behind and locks the door behind him. "Aren't you still sick?"

Jason lightly touches his neck. "Doesn't seem that bad."

Nick comes closer to him to see for himself. "Let me see-"

Jason swats away Nick's hand before it even touches him. "No need."

Nick glares at him. "I'm only worried about you, jerk."

"You don't have to." Jason says before calling for a cab.

He then looks back at his stepbrother. "Go with me."

Nick raises an eyebrow at him. "Go where?"

"To go get my car that you just let me leave behind last night." Jason says turning back around, not facing Nick anymore.

"I have a date to go to! You can go on your own." Nick says back.

Jason just lets out a 'Tsk' and a 'Whatever'.

When the cab finally arrives, Jason was the first to get in, almost closing the door on the younger's face.

"Hey-" Nick puts his arm in so Jason wouldn't be able to close it completely.

"I thought you weren't coming with me?" Jason says, a bit annoyed.

"I'm not! I'm just gonna use the same cab to go where my date is." Nick opens the door and sits beside Jason.

Jason lets a 'hmph' and turns the other way, refusing to look at the younger for some reason.

Nick just gives him a weird look and questioned it in his head on why the older was being so sulky right now.

He eventually just shrugs it off and turns the other way, looking out the window.

••

Nick leaves the vehicle once they have arrived at a cafe that Jason is kind of familiar of.

The older watches the younger leave and talk to a guy who was shorter than him.

Jason scowled and looked away. "Go." He said to the driver.

And the driver drove away.

••

"Hey." Nick greeted Callum with a smile.

Callum smiled back. "Hey."

They ended up staring at each other for awhile before Callum broke off the stare down with a laugh and a compliment. "You look nice today."

Nick laughs and slightly blushes. "You too. You look cute."

Callum blushes. "Let's go eat?"

Nick nods. "Yeah, let's go."

••

Jason was now driving his car home, his mood was a bit altered and was now pretty grumpy for some unknown reason.