•22•

Jason was still depressingly lying in the couch, staring blankly at the tv in front of him with a tired expression.

Shit, dude. Take care of yourself.

You look like shit.

Jason just ignored the nagging voice in his head as he continued to stare at the tv, completely expressionless.

He was too busy being dead inside that he didn't hear footsteps going towards him.

Nick stopped beside the couch, looking at the dead corpse to his left.

"Move your feet, I wanna seat down." Nick says, lightly patting one of Jason's foot.

Jason gives him an expressionless look before sitting up, making more space for the younger to sit on.

Nick sits beside Jason, still not wanting to ask why his condition looked like that.

Instead, he fishes out his phone from his pocket and began texting away.

Jason gives him a side glance and then noticed Callum's name with a bunch of heart emojis on the top of the screen.

He slightly glares at the screen before looking away.

In the other hand, Nick was chatting Callum, saying how he couldn't go on their date today because he wasn't feeling well, but really he just didn't want to go out today.

Callum then became worried, saying if he should go to Nick and Jason's apartment so he could take care of him, but Nick insisted that he shouldn't, and said that Jason was already taking good care of him.

For some reason, Callum didn't seem too happy hearing that and began to complain, saying that he'll do it instead.

Nick did not want to deal with him right now so he just left him on read.

He then placed his phone on the coffee table, making a promise to himself that he wouldn't touch it for the day.

After making that promise, he decided to watch tv with Jason, finally hanging out with him after a couple of days.

It was pretty quiet between the two, Jason was just too tired to talk and Nick was kinda shy.

So they stayed there for awhile in the almost quiet living room.

The tv was the only thing that is making some noise.

Not able to tolerate the quietness between them, Nick finally decided to break the ice. "Uhm.. so h-how are you?.." Nick awkwardly lets out the words out of his mouth.

He mentally slapped himself for making it more awkward.

"Fine." Jason answered simply with one word.

Nick nods slowly.

"You should sleep.. you look really tired." Nick didn't know how many times has he already said that to the older, but in the end, it was always ignored.

Jason doesn't react.

Nick sighs and faces him with a worried expression. "Why don't you sleep?" He asked.

Jason again, doesn't react.

Nick's heart ache at that.

He didn't like being ignored, but he can't just say that out loud because he would appear like a hypocrite.

He knew that he hasn't been paying attention to the older, but he didn't think it was a big deal.

But I guess it was.

Nick then suddenly stood up from his seat.

He grabbed Jason's hand and tried to drag him off the couch.