Day Out with Lucifer

It was about 11 AM when you found yourself browsing a cute little shop in alt-Los Angeles with your hunter/angel family. Dean and Sam had found a little corner stocked with plaid-flannel and, even from your distance, could tell they were in Hunter Heaven. Lucifer was talking to the sales clerk about... something. Bobby was trying on jeans and Cas was sitting nervously near Gabriel as he tried on the most ridiculous clothing options. Currently, he had a gold-glitter jacket on. Castiel was staring at the ground, trying to ignore the ridiculousness. You were giggling to yourself as you examined a denim jacket.

      You already had two sets of cute clothes picked out and was looking for a third. You left the denim jacket and started to look for something else.

      "Finding everything okay, Miss?" Lucifer asked from behind you.

      You glanced up at him and smiled," What? Are you the sales clerk now?"

      Lucifer shrugged," I was at one time."

      "You were a sales clerk?" you asked.

      "Yeah, I tried holding down several different 'human' jobs," Lucifer said," Things were different 20/30 years ago."

      "I sense a story, and you're going to tell me it while I browse," you told him with a smirk.

      "Okay, Y/n, deal," he said," For thousands of years, Michael was locked up in Hell to keep him from destroying all of humanity out of sheer jealousy and hate. Angels were ruled by an Ophanim. He had a god-complex and since God was no longer taking calls, he ruled all of us like we were cattle. If he thought of us as lesser creatures, imagine what he thought about humans."

      "This Ophanim guy sounds like quite the jerk," you said.

      "He was one step above a demon," Lucifer said," At least, that's what we archangels said. Gabriel and I suffered under his reign while Raphael flourished. Raphael had no problem subjugating all angels, including me and Gabe. But eventually, he became too prideful and decided the Ophanim shouldn't be ruling Heaven."

      "Who did he think should rule Heaven?" you asked as you tested the size of a T-shirt against your chest.

      "He believed he and Michael should rule Heaven," Lucifer said," Being that there was only one Ophanim and four Archangels, he thought it would be easy to overthrow him. Which it was, but only after Raphael released Michael."

      "Uh oh," you said.

      "Yeah, the Ophanim was destroyed and Michael immediately tried to take control," Lucifer said, then you noticed he was mindlessly looking through the racks of men's shirts," So that started the whole Michael catastrophe that continues to today."

      "Where's my mother in all that?" you asked, fully curious as to how she fit into this story.

      "Well, that started during the Ophranim's reign," Lucifer said," I snuck out of Heaven multiple times to try and escape everything. I did it every couple of decades, staying out for days at a time before going back. Eventually, I started to interact with humans and found them to be some of the most amazing creatures I'd ever seen."

      You strolled to a different section of the store slowly with Lucifer following beside you, keeping on with his story.

       "Then, eventually, I met your mother," Lucifer said dreamily," She challenged me to pool. I had mediocre skills, nothing to speak highly of, but I had my pride. So I had to accept."

      "And she beat you," you said.

      "Knocked me on my butt and asked if 'I needed a bottle and a pacifier'," Lucifer said," Her exact words."