Part 7

"Renjun, RENJUN" Screams could be heard from Jeno's mouth as he quickly ran onto the road to examine the body.

He was pretty badly hit. His coat was ripped and blood was dripping onto the road

Jeno just stood their for a bit thinking to himself

I know i hated him but i didnt want death upon him. This is all my fault isnt it, i dont know how, it just is. And now Renjun is going to die. WELL DONT JUST STAND THERE JENO TAKE HIM TO HOSPITAL.

The hospital was only a few blocks away, but Renjun was losing blood fast. Jeno checked the other's pockets.

Nothing. It was a hit and run.

No second thoughts, Jeno picked Renjun up and ran to the hospital. Occasionally he glanced down at Renjun, his pale face, blood everywhere.

He couldnt afford to lose him.

Jeno ran as fast as his legs could take him, which wasnt as fast as he hoped considering they were shaking with the constant fear that he might be too late

Finally, the hospital. Jeno quickly ran to the front desk.
Just walking in with a bloody body was enough before Renjun was taken to a ward for recovery.

———
Jeno waited at that ward for 2 hours before Renjun regained conciousness. Two hours of constant stress and overthinking possibilites of what could happen. It was only two hours but it felt like forever.

Jeno hovered over Renjun as his eyes started to flutter open and his hands started to twitch.

"W-Where a-am I?"

"HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE!! YOU RUN ON TO THE ROAD WHEN THERE IS A CAR COMING!! IN FACT HOW COULD YOU HAVE BEEN DUMB ENOUGH TO LEAVE YOUR APARTMENT WHEN THERE WERE SHOOTERS RIGHT THERE!! AND LOOK AT YOU NOW. YOU WERE UNCONSCIOUS FOR 2 HOURS AND HAD ALL YOUR STUFF TAKEN AWAY BY THE PEOPLE WHO HIT YOU" Jeno screamed, looking down on Renjun, who was on the verge of crying.

"J-Jeno If you hate me, just go"

"But i dont hate you"

'But i dont hate you' 'But i dont hate you' this lingered in Renjun's mind for quite some time.

Was it true? or was he saying that out of sympathy? SYMPATHY? Is that even a thing for Jeno? So its true. But why?

"You what"
"Lets not talk about it"

Doctors soon came rushing in to check how Renjun was doing. While they were doing all the tests, Jeno was just sitting awkwardly in the corner.

"Are you the patient's carer"
"Y-You could say that"
"So the patient is in good condition, ready to be discharged but he must be under constant care and watched 24/7. I'll also need your number"
"Ok"

The doctors turned to Renjun and started to help him out of the hospital bed.

"Thank you, Doctor" Renjun thanked as he started to walk.
"Its our service, but i think your guardian should help you walk"
"Oh"

Jeno was listening very carefully to their talk, and was now in shock at their new request.
Regardless, he wrapped Renjun's arm around his shoulder and they started to walk out the hospital.

"wait. DONGHYUCK! WHERE IS HE"
Renjun ran out of Jeno's arms and frantically started to search all the wards. Jeno watched him for a minute. He found it admirable how much he valued his friends.

"Renjun, we should go home. You can check up on him later" This made Renjun stop in his tracks and just stare into the distance

"Hello?" Jeno asked, trying to get Renjun's attention.

"Sorry Jeno, thats just the first time you've called me by my real name"
"Is it" Jeno questioned, rethinking how awful he was to Renjun. Renjun nodded while he was thinking

Has Jeno really changed?

———
Once the two left the hospital, they were walking aimlessly through a dimmly lit alleyway. Jeno looked to the left to check up on Renjun. He was shivering like crazy.

"You cold?" Jeno asked. Renjun's coat was covered in blood and rips from the crash and the people taking his stuff.

"A bit. But im fine" Once Jeno heard this he immediatley took off his coat and wrapped it around Renjun

"What about you?"
"Im fine, as long as it doesnt rai-" On queue the heavens opened and rain started to pour down.

"Just my luck"

Despite the heavy rain, the two just kept on walking. Renjun occasionaly glared at Jeno, how the rain made his shirt stick to his chisled abs, did he like the sight? Maybe.

"Jeno are we just going to my apartment?"
Renjun asked, confused as to where the two were headed.
"Well, whoever took your stuff has your keys, i dont think its safe. Where do your parents live"

'your parents' 'your parents' Oh how he wanted to be cuddled up in his mother's arms right now. It was too much for him, he started to cry.

"Renjun? Whats wrong"

"Both of my parents are dead" Renjun mumbled, letting out more tears onto the already wet floor. Imediatelt he felt a warm embrace surround him. Even though it was freezing, the hug was so warm it heated Renjun's entire body.

"Jeno?" Renjun looked at the male on his shoulder, who was giving him the best hug he had since his mother last hugged him

"I-I sorry, Im so sorry" Jeno cried, letting out a tear onto Renjun's shoulder.

"Its fine Jeno. You didnt know"
"No, Renjun, Im sorry for everything. I only realised how shit i treated you when i saw you crying on tuesday. Im so sorry. You dont have to forgive me"

Do i forgive him now? Or later? Urghhh i hate making decisions.

"Its fine Jeno. Where we going to go now then"
"Your gonna have to stay at my place"
"Ok"

The two refused to let go of eachother. The rain posed no threat to the warmth in this hug. It felt more than a friend hug. It felt

Like a boyfriend hug.

———