Hoping For Amnesia [5]

Chapter 5

We walked further into the lunchroom and there I saw round tables scattered all over the room with eight chairs at each table. To the right there were vending machines and what looked like a buffet, but was the lunch line.

"Wow." I said.

"We know." They said.

I followed them to a table that was right in front of the window so we had a great view. I saw Sam walking in with a guy with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"Sam!" I waved to get his attention and when he saw me he smiled and waved bye to his friend. Probably his roommate.

"Hey Trin." He said.

"Hey. Guys this is my brother. Sam this is Chelsea, Eric, Lily, Hannah, Madison, Noah, and Drew."

"Hey." He waved.

"Hey." They said back.

"Can he sit with us?" I asked.

"Sure, now we have a completed table!" Lily chirped.

"Cool, thanks." Sam smiled at her.

"Ok, who wants to come with me to get lunch."

"I will." Noah pushed his chair out and got up.

I was kind of surprised. I was expecting Chelsea or Drew to pipe up. "Oh ok." I got up and followed Noah to the lunch line.

"So why'd you move?" He asked.

"My brother and I got a scholarship thingy here so yeah."

"You guys must be really smart."

"I guess...."

He got a tray so I got a tray too.

"So do you like the school?"

"Well I haven't really been around much..."

"Well, we'll have to change that, won't we?" He winked at me as he piled some spaghetti onto his plate.

I blushed, "Yeah." I hadn't even known this kid for an hour and I was already blushing over him. Control yourself Trinity!

I got spaghetti like Noah and a coke and then went back to my seat. Lunch was part of the scholarship but I guess it was payed for everybody too because there were no cashiers.

"So how is it here at Sydney Day?" I asked.

"Is that the name of this place?" Sam asked.

Everyone laughed at his ignorance.

"So how do you like rooming with a guy Trin?" Sam asked teasingly. I threw a straw at him.

"You're rooming with a guy?" Chelsea asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, there was a mistake in the system or something, but it's only temporary."

"Who?" She asked.

"Some guy named Kaden." I said casually.

Chelsea nearly choked on her French fries, "Kaden Hemming?!"

I nodded.

"Woah! Do you know who he is at this school?"

She didn't wait for my answer. "He's like the star soccer player here!"

He played soccer? "Oh, cool." I said.

"Cool? That's all you have to say? You're rooming with the one of, if not the hottest guy in school and all you have to say is cool?!" Chelsea was hysterical.

"Calm down Chelsea." Hannah said. Everyone laughed as Chelsea was still having a mini heart attack in the corner.

"So back to my original question, how's life at Sydney Day?" I asked.

"Life at Sydney Day is cool." Noah said.

"The only annoying part are the Icicles." Lily added.

I gave her a questioning look just when the doors to the cafeteria burst open. I shivered from the burst of cold air.

"Told you. The Icicles." Lily laughed.

"Speak of the devils." Noah murmured.

In walked a group of 5 girls. They walked in step, as if they were listening to a song and walking to the beat. They also walked in a triangle form. The head girl obviously in the front and 2 girls on her right and left. The head girl was a platinum blonde with light blue eyes. This was so cliché.

"The girl all the way up front? That's Hayley. She's a bitch." Chelsea said bluntly.

"The one on her right? That one is Lacy. She's the next bitch-in-training." Lacy had red hair and green eyes.

The one behind Lacy had black hair and blue eyes.

"That's Stacey."

On the other side of Hayley, there was a brown haired girl with dark brown eyes. She was by far the most plain.

"That's Olivia." Chelsea continued.

The one behind Olivia was a strawberry blonde with green eyes.

"The one behind Olivia is Heather ."

"Hayley, Lacy, and Stacey are all juniors. Olivia and Heather are sophomores."

"That's a lot to keep track of."

"Yeah, incoming." Lily warned. I turned around and sure enough the "Icicles" were making their way towards our table.

"Well, isn't it the outcast table. I see there are 2 new additions."

I looked up at Hayley and smirked.

"Who even are you? Walk away." I rolled my eyes as my group snickered. By now, we had the whole lunchrooms attention. I could see Kaden looking at me from where he sat with the jocks. I rolled my eyes at the icicles and turned back to my spaghetti.

"Oh look, the new girl speaks."

"Actually, her name is Trinity." Chelsea said.

"Oh....if only I gave a crap." Hayley snapped.

"Listen up new girl," She said as she rested her elbows on the table and gave me a fake smile/ She then whispered in my ear," Stay away from Kaden and there won't be a problem."

I decided I wanted to play with this little bitch. "What if I don't want to?" I struggled to keep a straight face but managed to. Sam gave me a knowing smirk.

"I'm warning you new gi--."

"Trinity. It's Trinity." I interrupted.

"Like I care." She rolled her eyes.

"You will." I stood up in my seat. Her face darkened.

"Stay away from Kaden." She said with a little more force. Now everyone could hear her. I saw Kaden roll his eyes at her.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't even know the dude. Have him." I picked up my still full try and waved bye to my friends.

I got an idea as I gathered my stuff in front of Hayley.

"I'll see you guys later." I waved to my friends, then walked forward with my tray of spaghetti and "accidentally" stumbled and now my spaghetti was all over Hayley.

"What the hell!" She screeched. The room went silent.

"Oh, oops." Then I headed for the door. Now people were laughing as Hayley's little crew scrambled to find napkins to dab at her shirt. I didn't turn back as I walked out of the lunchroom.