nine

nine: shoot

×××××

as soon as all of them were asked to sleep on the rooms spaced above to prepare them for another meeting tomorrow morning, byulyi knows that yongsun will screw her up with questions regarding taehyung's accusations. 

"what was that?"

yongsun threw her accessories on the top of the cabinet as she entered byulyi's room, asking byulyi for her side. "what is taehyung saying about you and jin last night?" she yells, watching the younger member taking off her heels before throwing it on the carpet. 

"haven't i told you that we're meeting up for a drink with sandeul?" byulyi muttered.

"jungkook told me that jin left the bar with you." yongsun replied quick, her eyes flaring in anger towards byulyi. what has she done enough to rage taehyung like that? she looks at byulyi almost shattered from hearing it.

"he took me home." byulyi mumbles.

"wow, and i thought you two aren't close?" yongsun sarcastically replied. byulyi tried to remain calm by shrugging, retorting. "don't tell me that you're also believing taehyung?" 

yongsun was tongue-tied, letting her hair loose. "that's not it, byul-ah." 

"you've been with me for more than eight years of training, and now you're believing whatever that guy accuses?" byulyi whispers, unclasping her dress from the back before throwing it into the bed. "he even left wheein with no explanation, i don't know why you're not seeing the problem." she spoke.

yongsun remained silent, watching her change her clothes into pajama.

it was awkward all of a sudden.

"i guess." yongsun bit her lower lip, "i'm just... worried you know." she watched her slip into the covers. "there's nothing to be worried about." byulyi sheepishly rolls her eyes. "you sure?"

as soon as byulyi hears her voice cracking, she immediately chuckled. "yeah, now..."

"ah." byulyi sat up again.

"i forgot to take my makeup off."

yongsun grins, but her grin fades away when she saw a shadow lingering out near their door. pursing her lips, yongsun decided to shrug it off.

on the other side, wheein was busily preparing a cup of hot milk.

"still not asleep?" 

wheein was startled when she heard someone entering the kitchen, adding another light aside from the one she just switched open. she was about to frown, but her tension faltered when she saw hoseok greeting her with a faint smile.

smiling softly, wheein mumbles. "you scared me, oppa." she moves away from the kitchen sink, allowing him to prepare himself a cup of tea as well.

hoseok smiles more, whispering. "i thought you have forgotten about our moments before, wheein-ah."

she giggled softly, shaking her head. "you're the one who helped me through it all, how could i hate and forget you?" she took a sip of her hot milk, sighing in content. hoseok hums in response, waiting for the tea to be done. 

"why were you so silent earlier?" wheein mumbles.

"mm?" hoseok asks, looking at her.

"the dinner.. the meeting..." wheein stuttered. "we're too many." hoseok chuckles, "it will be too noisy if i ever join." he sat on the counter, sighing as wheein grins. "you're the only one sane left in your group, huh."