CHAPTER ELEVEN

Fred and Angelina continued to spend more and more time together, leaving the rest of their friend group to find something else to do on their own. Alicia had taken it upon herself to get to know the male guests, and often talked about one particular Durmstrang boy named Nikola. Olivia was managing to keep up with all of her schoolwork (though she didn't know how; there was a lot) while also making sure to go about her prefect duties. Every time she seemed to get a bit stressed, George would step in and make sure she had a bit of fun. Lee, annoyed that both of his friends would rather be with these girls than him, had been forced to figure out his own way to kill time.

While roaming the halls one day and making sure everyone was doing what they were supposed to, Olivia found Harry by himself, as he usually was these days.

"Harry!" she called. "Are you doing all right?"

"Sure," Harry answered.

"Yeah, I suppose that was a stupid question. But I just wanted to let you know that I believe you about the Goblet of Fire and everything and if you ever need to talk or anything, I'm here."

"Thanks, Olivia."

Just then, a group of Hufflepuffs passed them, all wearing badges that said "Support Cedric Diggory!" and if pressed, changed to "POTTER STINKS." Laughing, they pressed the badges so that Harry could see.

Olivia had had enough. "Ten points from Hufflepuff," she called after them.

The Hufflepuffs rounded on her. "You can't do that!" said one of them.

Olivia grabbed her prefects badge. "That you can take up with Professor McGonagall or the headmaster. Both of them will tell you that I indeed can. Run along now, unless you would like to lose more points."

With one last mean look at her, the Hufflepuffs walked away, muttering insults under their breath. She turned back to Harry, who was staring at her in amazement.

"Wow," he said. "I've never seen you be stern with someone before other than in Quidditch."

Olivia laughed. "Yeah, well, I guess all of our tempers are running high this year. I've gotta be honest, though, I never would have thought I'd have to take points from Hufflepuffs for being cruel. They're supposed to stand for kindness, after all." She shook her head. "I don't think Helga would be very proud. Anyway, have a good rest of your day, Harry!" She walked away with a cheerful smile.

"Yeah, you, too," Harry said, flustered. Then he resumed his walk to wherever he was going.

Once she was a good distance away from Harry, Olivia's face fell. She had made up her mind to go to the library and do some research on the Triwizard Tournament, see what kind of tasks they had the champions compete in. She intended to find out all she could and then advise Harry on what spells to master before the first task. However, just as she was about to walk through the library doors, George blocked her way.

"George, I need to do research!" Olivia protested.

"On what?" George asked. Olivia didn't answer and looked away. "Can I guess?" Again, no answer, but now she looked up at him, a serious look on her face that would've intimidated anyone who knew her better, but George's grin didn't falter. "The Triwizard Tournament."