CHAPTER TEN

The group arrived at the Village by Apparition. Scotland was already cold as is, but with the sun nearly disappearing over the horizon along with the light wind, Olivia was shivering in seconds. Thankfully, the four of them quickly made their way to Henry and Amelia's house, which was much warmer than the outdoors.

It was obvious that they were the last ones there; the entirety of the family was already gathered in the sitting room, save for the ones that were in hiding, at Hogwarts, or off on an undisclosed mission.

"So, an announcement, eh?" Olivia said in a low voice to Oliver, finding him in the room full of their family members.

"That's what everyone's saying," Oliver responded. "Though, I don't think it'll be that riveting. It's Ben, for Merlin's sake."

"Ben and Adeline," Olivia corrected him. "And we all know there are only so many different 'announcements' a couple can make, if you get what I'm saying."

Oliver looked over at her curiously. "Which one do you think this is?"

Olivia looked over to Adeline, who looked very nervous, quite unlike her usual calm and professional demeanor; Ben looked to be whispering comforting words to her. "I think she's pregnant. I could be wrong, so don't quote me."

Oliver's eyes widened. "P-Pregnant? No way."

Olivia shrugged. "We'll see."

"Whether she is or not, why am I here?" Fred asked.

"Are you daft? I'm marrying your brother," Olivia reminded him, flashing the ring as evidence. "You're family, whether you like it or not."

"Exactly, mate," Oliver agreed. "If we have to deal with them, so do you."

Eventually, the chatter in the room died down as everyone settled into a seat. With the house only meant for six or seven people and there being nineteen of them there, most of them ended up on the floor. Because they were the ones making the announcement, Ben and Adeline were seated on the only sofa with Henry and Sarah on either side of them. Olivia happily settled herself in George's lap, causing David and Oliver to narrow their eyes at them. Olivia looked right back at them and raised her eyebrows as if challenging them to say anything.

Witnessing the exchange, Jade chuckled. "Brave," she muttered, shaking her head.

"Well," Ben began, addressing them all, "we know you're all wondering why you're here, so we'll get straight to the point, shall we?"

"Please," Gregory called out.

"Greg!" Jade exclaimed, looking down at her five year old son.

"What? I'm tired!"

"Well, what is it?" Scarlett asked Ben and Adeline impatiently.

While the parents of the children tried to convince them to be quiet, Olivia said, "Merlin, these children are impatient."

"Must run in the family," George teased.

Olivia looked at him over her shoulder. "I'll have you know I am very patient."

"Usually, yes, but when it comes to situations like, say... last night..."

Olivia turned away so her blush was less visible to him. "Some nerve you've got, Weasley."

"I'm so sorry, guys, continue," Natalia said to Ben and Adeline, shooting her daughter one last warning look before looking up at the two.

The couple looked at one another, nervousness once again etched across Adeline's face. In a last-ditch attempt to calm her before they had to share their news, Ben intertwined his fingers with hers, holding her hand on his leg and caressing it with his thumb.

"Do you want me to tell them?" he whispered to her.

"I'll do it," Adeline whispered back before looking out at everyone. She swallowed nervously and then took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

Throughout the room, jaws dropped in surprise. Oliver looked over at Olivia with the same expression he had had when she expressed her suspicions to him.

"I told you so," she mouthed to him with a grin.

"How do you always know things before everyone else?" George whispered to Olivia.

She shrugged. "Having common sense helps."

Perhaps George would've given a similarly cocky response, but Ben and Adeline continued on, announcing that they would be getting married on the 20th of November and that everyone present was invited. Of course this led to the two being congratulated and then nonstop questions for what seemed like hours before Henry took to the two to see Amelia and tell her the news, at which point everyone else was allowed to leave.

[word count: 734]
[written: 12/4/20]
[published: 12/4/20]
so many weddings and children