CHAPTER THREE

Business at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes continued to be busy up until the last day of the summer holiday, at which point it died down just a little. Olivia had finally finished her Mediwitch training and, staying true to her word, she had brought Delia along to the Leaky Cauldron. Fred and George showed up after closing the shop down for the day, finally allowing the three of them to meet. Tom, the owner, seemed very happy to have them there, as he didn't get much business during those times.

"You've got five siblings?" Delia asked the twins in shock.

"That we do," Fred said.

"We're not the only set of twins, either," George said.

"You're joking," said Delia.

"Usually, but not right now," Fred said.

"Actually, we've been told you know our brother's fiancée, Fleur Delacour?" George asked.

"Oh, yes, Fleur! Of course I remember her!" Delia said. "I haven't talked to her since school. She's really getting married?"

"Oh yes. Next summer."

"Our mother and sisters are just delighted," Fred said with a grin.

"I do remember a boy with red hair screaming at Fleur, asking her to the Yule Ball," Delia said. "Is he any relation...?"

"That would have been Ron. He's the youngest brother."

"Fleur's marrying our oldest brother, Bill," George said.

"I see, I see. So this time next year she'll be Fleur Weasley... mad..." Delia drifted off.

"Mum thinks so, too," Fred said.

The four of them stayed until closing time, at which point they all said goodbye to Delia, who Apparated to her home, and then the three others walked back to the shop.

"You know, I distinctly remember a time when you were nervous about graduating because you thought you were either going to have to work for the Ministry or play Quidditch for your family to approve," George reminisced. "Now look at you."

"You're a Mediwitch and you work in a joke shop," Fred said. "Somehow it suits you perfectly."

"It does, doesn't it?" Olivia said with a smile. "I must say, this whole adult thing worked out much better than I thought it was going to."

"Indeed," the twins agreed.

Back in the flat, Olivia and George sat down on his bed in silence.

"You have to go home, don't you?" he asked her.

She nodded. "Yeah," she said. "Everyone's on edge now that the kids are back at school. Hogwarts is supposed to be the safest place on earth, yet with what happened last year..."

"Hey." George took her hand in his. "They will be fine. Umbridge is gone, Dumbledore's back... now that the Ministry has accepted that You-Know-Who is back, they're not going to let anything like last year happen again."

Olivia sighed. "I really hope not."

George thought for a moment. "Why don't we go over to my mum and dad's for dinner sometime? I'm sure they'd love to have you."

Olivia smiled. "I could see where you grew up, too."

"That too. I will say, though, mine and Fred's old room is a bit messy."

"Knowing you, I'm going to assume that's an understatement."

George grinned. "Maybe a little."

"Uh huh. You could come to my place, too, sometime. I could introduce you to my cats."

"Ah, yes, the cats... they're not going to stare at me while I eat my dinner, are they?"

Olivia laughed, recognizing the inside joke. "Well... Angus might."

"Great. Looking forward to it."

Olivia arrived at the Village a few minutes later. It was nightfall here, the only lights being those from inside the six houses. Olivia went to her own and entered.

"You're late," Catrina said, sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of tea.

"I know, I'm sorry," Olivia said tiredly. "Delia and I went out for drinks and Fred and George came along and I guess we just lost track of time."

"It's okay, Liv. Just let us know next time. You're lucky Grandpa is at Hogwarts tonight with Aunt Elizabeth, he probably would've gone to find you himself."

"I know, I know. Not the best decision on my part. I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing, you didn't do anything wrong. You're an adult, you don't have to abide by our rules. It's just worrying, given the state of things."

"I know. I... am not sorry."

Catrina grinned. "Atta girl."

Olivia sat down at the table across from her mother. "Mum... are you okay?"

"Yes, dear, I'm fine. I'm just tired, it's late."

"Then why are you up?"

"I was waiting for you."

"Mum, you don't have to do that, I can-"

"-handle your own, yes, I know. Don't think I don't remember how you fought in the Department of Mysteries. But I would not forgive myself if I went to bed without seeing that you were home safe first and then later found out that something had happened to you. Anything's possible, Liv, these are dark times."

"Well, I'm home now. You can go to bed."

"So can you."

"Right." Olivia got up. "Night, Mum."

"Goodnight, Livi."

[word count: 843]
[written: 8/30/20]
[published: 8/30/20]