CHAPTER EIGHT

As Catrina had predicted, the following morning, there was a meeting where the state of the Order was discussed. The headquarters was officially changed to David and Helena's house, but another safehouse was added to the mix: Bill and Fleur's new home, otherwise known as Shell Cottage, which was protected by the Fidelius Charm.

Inevitably, David and Helena soon realized the absence of Faustus and it was up to Olivia, Evelyn, Fraser, and Duncan to break the news to them. Much to their surprise, however, their grandparents didn't react as strongly as they had expected them to. In fact, it almost seemed as if they had expected it, with Helena sighing and saying, "He is his mother's son," while David sent his Patronus to Faustus and Rosalia letting them know that the family was safe.

Despite the danger of it, the Order had all decided that all of those that could would be returning to work and continuing to go about their lives as normally as possible without drawing attention to themselves. However, just days after being taken over by Voldemort and his supporters, the Ministry had enforced a number of changes, one of which being the Muggle-born Registration Commission.

This new commission, run by none other than Dolores Umbridge, was formed to essentially rid Muggle-born witches and wizards from society by forcing them to appear at the Ministry for questioning. During said questioning, if the Muggle-born could not prove that they had magic in their bloodline, as none of them could due to the simple fact that they were Muggle-born, they would be imprisoned in Azkaban for 'obtaining their magical ability through thievery'. Because of this, Olivia's aunt Amelia and Jade's girlfriend Lindsay, both being Muggle-born witches, had to go into hiding immediately.

The Ministry had also made Hogwarts attendance mandatory. While most young wizards and witches did attend Hogwarts, their parents had previously had the choice to teach them at home, or even send them abroad to a different Wizarding school in a different country. Now, if they lived in Great Britain or Ireland, they had no choice but to send their children to Hogwarts, or face the consequences. However, with the new anti-Muggle-born legislation, any Muggle-borns sent to the school would likely have something happen to them before they ever even saw the castle.

Despite all the danger and uncertainty, there was some good news that came during August: Remus and Tonks were excited to announce that Tonks was pregnant. While they were a little surprised seeing as the two had just gotten married the month prior, everyone was happy for the couple and willing to help in any way they could.

Just a few weeks before the term at Hogwarts was set to begin, Olivia decided to pay her family a visit. It was during this visit that Fraser and Duncan's booklists for the upcoming school year arrived. The two boys looked over the lists and, to Olivia's surprise, frowned.

"Something wrong?" she asked them, seeing their expressions.

"Not really," Fraser said. "They haven't put Dark objects or ancient torture devices on here, so that's got to be a good sign."

"It's just how we're going to get all this is the problem," Duncan said. "We've got the money, but with everyone always working or doing something for the Order and Mum in hiding..."

Olivia thought for a moment before saying, "I could get it for you. Let me have a look at those." The two handed over their booklists and Olivia looked them over briefly. "Yeah, none of this will be a problem. I already live in Diagon Alley, so, technically, I'm not even leaving home."

Fraser and Duncan, having no other option, agreed to this, so Olivia found her grandmother and informed the woman that she would not have to find time to go shopping for schoolbooks that year. Helena seemed thankful, as she was plenty busy with Order business, and suggested that Olivia go over to Aaron and Natalia's house and offer to get Evelyn's supplies as well, as her parents were also busy with work and Order business. Olivia said she would, and then promptly left to her aunt and uncle's home.