𝐯𝐢. 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘴

SIX YEARS AGO !

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑥: 𝑔𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑠

two days until their christmas get-together.

"let's go ann's!" brynn calls out my name as i walk down the stairs of my apartment.

"remind me why we're going out again?" i ask as i reach the last step.

"well, your get-together or whatever it's called is in two days...and you might wanna give them something?" she says.

"i don't know the purpose-" i start off.

"come on, b. the last time you saw them was five years ago. give a peace offering or something." she interrupts me.

"right." i say as i grab my keys from the counter. "let's go."

we both walk out of my apartment and head towards my car.

as i start the engine, a thought immediately went through my head.

what am i supposed to get them? it's not like i know what they're into now, right?

"annie?" brynn snaps her fingers in front of me.

"huh?"

"you zoned out for a sec." she grinned. "whatcha thinkin' about?"

"it's just...i don't know what to get them." i tell her.

"that's what you're worrying about?" she questions. "get them something that will remind the both of you of your friendship. or something that resembles you? so they won't forget?"

i smiled at her suggestions. they weren't bad. but i still have no idea what resembles me or our friendship.

"we'll find something." she smiled.

"oh, this one." i smiled, grabbing a book entitled: 'ultimate pranks 101'. brynn gives me a confused look as i look at her. "kenzie and i always used to prank the gang. it was our thing."

"love that." brynn smiled as she took the book from me and into the basket she was carrying.

we continue to walk around shops as i started to feel a bit better. i think it's slowly sinking why i have to give them gifts in the first place.