𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

SIX YEARS AGO !

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟: 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒

it was around five in the afternoon when brynn kept knocking on my door. i open the door and see her with kenzie.

"what are you guys doing here?" i ask them.

"have you made your mind yet?" brynn asks as she welcomed herself inside.

"no, i haven't." i reply.

"well? what's stopping you? you haven't said goodbye to john." brynn tells me.

"you think i don't know that?" i question her. "i just don't know how to. things just seem to be awkward between us right now."

"i thought you guys sorted things out?" kenzie asks as i shrugged.

"it's now or never, ann's." brynn says.

"brynn's right. lauren and johnny could leave and head for the airport any minute now." kenzie added.

"i don't know." i spoke.

"oh for christ's sake, you obviously still like him, you miss him. when was the last time you were actually happy?" brynn says. "you're just scared to get hurt again. that was six years ago annie! you guys have changed! you guys are more mature now, you guys can handle things differently."

"what else is stopping you ann's?" kenzie asks.

i just look at them, not knowing what to say.

"if there's nothing, give him another chance." kenzie says. "he's a complete mess without you."

"wait, how do you know that?" brynn asks.

"i've visited john a couple times two years after we all parted ways and graduated high school." kenzie explains. "that was a year after your break-up. and he's still not over that memory."

"and then the time he started dating nadia, he kept talking about annie." brynn added.

"other than those things, it's quite obvious. he misses you so much, he's waiting for you to go back to him." kenzie tells me.

"give him another chance annieeee! it's worth to take risks." brynn says. "we just want to see you and john happy."

"yeah, and i've never seen you smile the way john makes you smile." kenzie says. "when we were at the reunion, you looked...different. a bit, sad and lonely, no offense. but it's just something i know annie won't be."