𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥

SIX YEARS AGO !

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒: 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑

THIRD PERSON !

johnny was in his room, cleaning all his mess since they'll be going back to canada sooner than he thought. did he regret changing those tickets' schedule? yes. but did he want to change them back? not quite.

he needed to get his mind off things and start going back to what he usually does for the past six years. it was different being in canada than in westwood. things change.

as he was going through some boxes he had kept since high school, he decided to clear up some of them which weren't that valuable anymore. oouu junior year. he said to himself before opening the box. he quickly shuts the box, dropping it, accidentally, then spoke. "yikes, wrong one." he sighed then stared at the box that was now on the floor.

"that's it? just like that? this is how we're ending things?" annie's voice echoes through johnny's head.

johnny picked the box up and opened it again, going through every single item. to polaroids, bracelets, charms, cards, stuffed toys...

"like i said, if you really loved me, you would've trusted me and none of this would be happening." his own voice echoes. "but now that i think of it, maybe i'm not the problem. maybe it's you."

he regretted every single word he told annie that day. he could never ever forget all the events that occurred. even though it happened six years ago, he could never forgive himself for what he had done. he was just in the moment. he didn't really mean any of it. he just hoped the same way for annie. but seeing annie again, looks like she doesn't really care about what happened anymore.

the fight they had not so long ago, it really reminded him of the way they broke up. he felt like he was going through the same tension. but this time, they were never together. he never really thought he'd remember their break up memory so clearly. that's what those boxes are for i guess. he thought.

after going through some of the items, he picked up the necklace he gave annie. it reminded him of the necklace annie gave to him as a gift for christmas.

"there, remember that? your promise? it's gone—all gone. it's all over. take back your stupid gifts, i don't need them anyway." annie's voice once again echoes.

he puts the necklace back in the box when he felt a tear drop down to his hand. he didn't even notice he was crying until he felt that tear drop.
closing and putting the box away, he sighed and thought to himself. that's enough cleaning for today.