𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦

SIX YEARS AGO !

𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒: 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒

i woke up to feel a pair of arms wrapped around me. i slightly move to face the other direction to see johnny still sleeping.

i admired his face as he peacefully slept.

"you know, staring isn't nice." he suddenly spoke making me look away.

"not my fault you look good even when you're asleep." i tell him making him smile a bit.

"good morning princess," johnny smiled as he sat up from the bed.

i smile at him, "morning john."

he then went back under the covers and laid his head on my lap.

i played with his hair as my smile grew bigger. johnny looks at me before looking back at the ceiling.

but then i remembered something so my smile faded.

"what's wrong baby?" johnny asks. i think he noticed my smile disappear.

"uh no, it's nothing to worry about." i tell him.

"for knowing you for god knows how long, and for being your boyfriend before, i can tell that there's something bothering you." he looks me dead in the eye. "now tell me what it is, baby."

"it's just..i'm already leaving next week." i sighed realizing how long it would take me to see johnny again. "and well, you know, i'll just miss you. we just made up and had the talk we've always needed."

"listen here princess, this is our chance to show each other that we could handle it this time." johnny says as he got up from my lap and sat beside me. "long distance, i mean."

"i know, it's just...i'll miss you." i say as i lay my head on his chest. he places his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"and i'll miss you." he whispers. "so much,"

"can't i just stay here?" i groan. "or possibly you go back there?"

"i wish i could do something baby," he kisses my forehead. i sighed. "hey, let's not think of that first."

"you're still here, let's make the best of it." he added. "let's make it the best we've ever had since we were last together. after how long were we apart?"

"six years." john and i both say.

i look at him and kiss him.

"god. i'd literally do anything to be with you forever." i say as i bury my head into his chest. "i just wanna be in your arms, knowing i'll be safe and happy."

"nothing bad's going to happen to you, i promise." he whispers as he hugs me. "i won't let anyone hurt you."

i sighed. "don't make promises you can't keep john. telling me that nothing bad is going to happen, how can you be so sure?"