𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳

SIX YEARS AGO !

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒: 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑜𝑟 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟

"annie!" brynn snaps her fingers in front of my face as i snap out of my thoughts. "did you even listen to a word i said?" she asks which made me look away from her.

"annie, this is your only chance. they're leaving tomorrow night!" brynn paces back and forth in my room. "i-i don't know, okay!" i tell her. "do you even want to see them again?" she asks, looking straight at me. "yeah," i softly spoke. "i still want to see them."

"then get your ass at lauren's house because you won't be able to stop them from leaving." brynn says. "i feel like johnny's still mad at me." i suddenly say. "bitch, the kid's been moping around waiting for your arrival." she says which made me look at her. "wait, really?"

"well, not quite." she says which made me sink into my bed once again. "hey, but wait. it's still obvious he likes you, just take your chances before you run out." she convinces me. "if he still loved me, then he should've at least texted or talked to me." i say.

"sometimes, you're just sooo oblivious, you do know that right?" she asks which made me give her a look. sometimes, brynn is so truthful that it can offend other people. but it's all chill, used to her words anyway. "he would want to talk to you, but you've been caught up about what's happening and you've been overthinking so he couldn't even walk up to you or else you might break down."

"he knew what you were dealing with. he didn't want to be added in your stress list so he just backed away. that's why he said he'll be waiting for you. so you can come to him, stress-free, happy, and unproblematic. he's waiting for you to be ready." brynn explains.

"if he was 'waiting' for me, why is he leaving?" i ask. "annie, he lives in canada. they just got a house here since y'all were in highschool. for college, he had no choice but to go back because that's where he got accepted. but you two couldn't work things out as a couple, had the biggest argument of all time, and now, even your friendship is ruined."

"wow, thanks for bringing our friendship up." i say sarcastically. "i'm just being honest with you, b. you know that habit of me." brynn says as she smiles.

i sigh and look up at the ceiling. "i need more time to think." i say. "time is ticking, annie. you only have at least twenty-four hours if you really want to make them stay for a while longer. they leave tomorrow night."

"i know."

the next day, i wake up to someone furiously knocking on my door. and it could only mean one thing.

brynn.