𝐱𝐢. 𝘫𝘰𝘩𝘯𝘯𝘺

SIX YEARS AGO !

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛: 𝑗𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑦

⚠️ okay so before reading, i'm gonna warn y'all again. if you see a name for brynn's kid other than kinsey i apologize. i was editing this then sudden change of name. i'm sorryyyy

kins and i were watching a movie in the living room when someone had knocked on the door.

"mama?" kinsey whispers to me. "i don't know baby, it could be mama but that would be fast." i say as i got up. "stay here, i'll go check." she nodded and took a sip from her juice box.

i walk over to the front door and open it. "johnny? what are you doing here?" i ask.

"i needed somebody to talk to." he spoke as i gave him a look. "you chose...to talk to me?" i ask as he shrugged. "eveyone else went to their little mission of checking if the hideout still existed." he explains. "what about nad-" "she isn't part of the choices i have right now." he interrupts me.

i look at him in the eyes. he's looks hurt, sad, and he's not acting like himself. "you don't look okay..." i say, seeing his state.

"mama?" kinsey spoke, hugging my legs from behind. johnny notices kinsey and raised an eyebrow at me. "no, baby, it's not mama, go watch the movie. i'll be back soon." kinsey nods and runs over to the couch. i look at johnny.

"you have a daughter?" he asks as i shook my head no. "she's brynn's. i'm just babysitting." i say as i notice his cheeks turn a little red. i slightly chuckled. "come inside." i open the door wider for him to enter.

"i can see you've changed the mood of the place." johnny says as he looked around. "yeah," i spoke.

kinsey looked up at us. "who is he?" she asks pointing towards johnny.

"this is johnny. auntie's friend." i say. "boy fwend?" kinsey smiled. "uh, no, not quite, kins. just a friend." i say as i notice johnny look at me. kinsey hops off the couch and runs over to johnny to hug him.

"i'm kinsey. it's nice to meet you." kinsey says as johnny slowly hugged her back. "nice to meet you too, bubba." he spoke. "come on! let's watch the movie!!" kinsey grabbed johnny's hand then pulled him to the couch.

i followed as they sat on the couch. i sat beside johnny while kinsey was on his other side. "you should be relieved that she likes you, you know." i whisper towards johnny. "why's that?" he asks.