𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

SIX YEARS AGO !

𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛: 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑟

"so how did it go?" brynn asks through the video call.

"it went great, i guess." i say as i look in the bathroom mirror, applying light make-up on.

"you guess?" brynn asks.

"i- i don't know." i tell her. "i just didn't expect for it to happen. or for it to go that way."

"i'm guessing it went great." brynn says. "after all, you guys did sleep in the same bed."

my head immediately snapped at my phone, looking at brynn who was smiling on the other side of the screen.

"hey, i was supposed to sleep with kenzie in the guest room." i explain.

"mhm, sure." brynn says, unamused.

"it's true!" i defended. "but then lauren did something and i ended up sleeping with johnny."

"well, you both want each other, that's kinda obvious. is it official already?" she asks, her face coming closer to the camera.

"brynn! you know he could hear you right?" i say before looking back on the mirror, applying some lip gloss.

"you're in his bathroom." she smiled. "and you told me he was still sleeping. oh how does it feel to sleep beside the love of your life again?"

"you seriously need to stop, he could be awake by now." i warned her.

"oh please, if you wanted this conversation private you could've worn your airpods." brynn says as she gives me a look. "you're on speaker. and i'm assuming on a high volume?"

"average volume, for your information." i state.

"you're not answering my question." she smirked. "how does it feel? you feel better? more relaxed? i'm guessing you slept well, you slept well right? you felt like you belonged? safe?"

"brynn!" i call out. "stop it."

"annie? is that you? who are you talking to?" johnny's voice from outside the bathroom says as i look at brynn on my phone.

"oops," brynn innocently smiled.

"just shut up would you," i say before opening the bathroom door poking my head out seeing johnny still under the sheets, his eyes closed.

i close the bathroom door once again and walk over to the mirror.

"now where were we?" brynn asks as i sigh. "oh yeah, right! how was it?"