𝐱𝐱𝐱. 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯

SIX YEARS AGO!

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦: 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑛.

"auntie annie!" kinsey welcomes me with hugs as i enter brynn's house. "you're back!"

"hey bubba!" i hug her back. "i missed you so much."

"i missed you too auntie annie." kinsey says before she jumps for me to carry her.

"welcome back ann's!" brynn greets me with a smile. i went over to put kinsey down and hug brynn. "god, has it been that long?"

"it was just two weeks brynn." i smile at her.

"how's lauren and kenzie?" brynn asks.

"they're good. kenzie's just there you know?" i look down "i wish i was still there to be honest."

"ah," brynn awkwardly coughed. "but hey at least you got to spend time with them, right?"

"yeah," i say as a smile starts to grow on my face. brynn clicked her tongue.

"so how did it go?" brynn nudged my side. i obviously knew what she was talking about. my smile started to fade.

"well," i start off. "it kinda sucked leaving him on his birthday."

"yeah, i'd understand that honestly." brynn leans on the wall behind her as she crossed her arms. a short silence filled the house.

"i didn't even get to celebrate it with him." i sighed. "i left very early this morning. i only had the chance to talk to him was when i woke up. i was busy after that."

"but it ended well, right? please tell me it did." brynn closed her eyes which made me chuckle. "i guess you could say that."

i hinted towards my hand, looking at it like it was the most intersting thing in the world. i raised my hand near my face, my eyes focusing on my nails so she could notice it quicker.

"oh my god." brynn immediately walked up to me to grab my hand. "another fucking promise ring!"

she looked up at me with a huge smile planted on her face "you guys are together? what the fuck, that's amazing!"

i nodded, a huge smile on my face as well. "i've finally came to my senses. i wasn't the person i was six years ago. i've changed. i was willing to give us a second chance."

"yeah that's my girl!" brynn yells before pulling me into a tight hug. i felt someone hug my leg, noticing kinsey was also hugging us.

"auntie annie is happy!" she exclaims as she jumps around, clapping her hands.

"yeah bubba, she is very very happy." i kneel down towards kinsey's level, before she starts clapping again.