𝐢𝐢. 𝘸𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

SIX YEARS AGO !

𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑜: 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛

"text or call me if anything happens, b." brynn says, dropping me off at the venue where the reunion will take place. "bye! have fun. don't forget what we talked about."

"yeah, bye!" i say before closing the door of her car.

i looked around the place and it was a beautiful garden and a park with a tall building on the side. i walked over to the building to see a banner hung up on top.

'Batch 2021, Westwood High, class reunion'

not to mention, i was a bit early so there wasn't that much people around. not even cars. there were benches outside near the garden so i decided to sit down there for a few minutes before entering.

i went through my phone the whole time i was waiting as i felt someone tap my shoulder. i look up to see a girl with blue tips smiling at me.

"kenzie?" i ask.

"oh my god, bitch, i missed you!" she hugged me as i hugged her back. "it's been a very long time since i last saw you! how's it going?"

"pretty great, actually." i reply. "been living life out there."

"yeah, i can tell. those highlights are gorgeous." kenzie says, pointing towards my hair as i smile.

"not too bad yourself, kenz. love how you're still experimenting with your hair." i tell her.

"yeah, it's been a yearly thing now. the color changes every year, i'm telling you." she grinned. "come on, let's go in."

"talk about love life, how are you at that? any boys?" kenzie asks as we sat down on a table, drinks in hand.

"kenz, we're not high school anymore, i- i don't have time for boys." i tell her. "but i did date this guy a few years ago. sadly, we broke up because we weren't getting along."

"aww, i feel so bad for you." kenzie says before giving me an 'are you okay' look. i mean, i was okay. i think.

"less talking about me, what about you? how's you and your love life?" i ask, smiling at her. she places her drink on the table then shakes her head no.