3.

"This couch looks pretty." Kacey said running her fingers along the soft fabric. I sat on it and it was comfortable. Only problem was it was blue and I needed a black couch.

My living room theme would be black and white. White curtains and stuff but black chairs. "I can see if it's in black." Kacey said going in search for a worker.

I kept looking at other furniture and a little girl bumped into me. Frowning I looked down at her. She couldn't be no older than three.

She was cute and shit. I bent down to her level. "Hey sweetie. Where yo mom?" I asked her and she just stared at me. I tucked in my lips and nodded.

"Cool. So don't talk to strangers." I mumbled and sighed. "Imani! I'm not gonna tell you again to stop running off." A lady that looked to be 20 at least picked up the little girl, Imani.

"Hi I'm so sorry she just loves running away from me. I'm Cherish." She smiled holding out her hand.

"Jada." I shook her hand. "Is your mom Julissa?" She asked me and a wave of annoyance clouded my face.

I got tired of hearing that. I've been hearing that since I was 13 years old and ion even know my damn mom. "You must get that alot. I'm sorry." She said fixing Imani that was on her hip.

I shrugged. "Its okay." I smiled and she looked at me some more making me feel even more uncomfortable. "You know a Dave?" She asked and I shook my head.

She nodded. "Well I gotta go." She then left and I sat on the couch feeling annoyed. What if that Julissa is my mom?

Dave? I bit my lip. After we buy the furniture I'm gonna look up these damn people.

"They got it in black."

~Dave~

"Hey Dave." Cherish said coming through the front door. I hugged her and picked up Imani. "Wassup Cherry. Anything happen today?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I met this girl, Jada, at the furniture store and she looked like Julissa. But also like you a little bit. I asked if she knew y'all but she said no."

Cherish sat down and my heart nearly stopped beating and my stomach felt like it was turning in knots. I pray to god she wasnt talking about my daughter.

I brushed off the thought and Kairi came through the door. "My favorite niece!" She squealed picking up Imani. "Your only niece." Cherish said drinking soda.

Kairi swung her around until she started to cry. Sucking her teeth she gave me imani back. "She cry too much." She said sitting next to Cherish.

I ran upstairs with Imani to our bedroom. Karin was laying in bed watching tv. "Aw hey Mani." She said taking imani out my arms. I laid on the bed.

"Bae DJ told me he met Jada. He just doesnt know that shes your daughter." Karin said and I clenched my eyes shut. "Bae you did get her out of foster care right?" Karin asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah when she was 14 I gave her to someone on her moms side." I lied. I hated that I had to lie to Karin but I also lied to Jada.

And jada just can't know the truth as to why I didnt wanna take her as mine.

~Jada~

"I'm so fucking tired." I groaned laying on the floor of my new apartment. Kacey rolled her eyes. "You barely did any shopping. All you did was eat." She said sitting next to me.

My furniture would be coming in sometime next week, right now all I have is a bed in my bedroom that Kacey gave to me. It was her sister's but she left for college years ago.