17.

~Jada~

"So how's shit with you and Dave?" Kacey asked peeling an orange. I shrugged. "Haven't spoken to him." Cherish sighed. "Y'all should talk." She suggested. Honestly I ain't even wanna see his face. He hurt me and made me feel like shit.

My phone buzzed with a text from Lia.

Auntie: wanna hang out. Imu n ik u need a break
Me: ur rt I do need a break. Time?
Auntie: an hour from now?
Me: cool see u

I put my phone down. "you guys can stay if you'd like but I'm hanging out with Lia." I said and Karin smiled. "I'm glad you still have a piece of your mom left. I thought about what you said and you were right. Jail would've been good but nobody deserves death."

I smiled at her and went upstairs to my room looking for clothes. I was smiling hard as hell because I was finally gonna see my Aunt and i haven't seen her in a while.

I found an outfit and i took a shower. Singing to myself feeling a spark of happiness. I couldn't continue getting upset about Dave. If I did then I'd never be happy.

I got dressed and started on my hair. When I finished I looked in the mirror satisfied with my look.

I did light makeup and went downstairs. "Damn girl." Kacey smirked and I laughed. I grabbed my purse and spoke with them until Lia got here.

When she got here we got inside of her black Sedan and made our way to the park. We walked around it was silent for a while. "What was my mom like?" I blurted out and she smiled at me.

"Your mom was the best person to ever have. Like I said she made mistakes she did unforgivable things but in the end she was the best sister I ever had." She looked down at me.

"When she found out she was pregnant she was so happy. Happy that her legacy could continue. That somebody else could lead her name." I nodded looking at the ground.

"She had feelings for Dave but he didn't have any for her. She loves you." I smiled at her. "Wheres her grave?"

Her smile dropped. "Nobody could find her body." I nodded. We talked more about my mother and I wish I could've met her.

I have memories of her but they're blurry visions. She visited me sometimes but I wasn't complainin'.

We then went to McDonald's got food and went to this huge area where it was empty. We ate and joked around. It was so much fun and I smiled more than I ever have.

"Hey!" I pouted and she laughed. "Shut up child." She said and I punched her shoulder playfully.

She tackled me and the next thing I know we're playing in the grass like two little kids. I didn't care that my clothes were getting dirty.

I was having so much fun with Lia then her smile just dropped. I frowned and looked behind me where she was lookin but I saw nothing there.

"What's wrong?" She smiled at me sadly and tucked some of my hair behind my ear. "Life is so short babygirl. YOLO everything." I frowned confused.

(Listen to Teams by Lorde. U don't have to but I recommend it if u wanna feel everything)

"What you talkin bout?" I asked her and she stood up hugging me. Then in a swift movement she swung us around and gunshots rang out. We fell in the grass more gunshots.

I was screaming and Lia was on top of me. By the time I got up tires was screeching away but not before I saw a Audi and i knew it was Dave.

I looked at Lia who was bleeding and i kneeled down to her. "Auntie your gonna be okay." I said tears falling down my face. I picked her up and carried her into her car and drove off in search of a hospital.