Chapter 9

Charlotte POV

We decided to leave the pool and head back up to the room to get ready for dinner. Since it was my birthday, and I take the longest to get ready, the girls decided to let me shower first. So sweet, I know. 

I got in and only took a quick ten minute shower in order to make sure we all had enough time to get ready. Once I was finished, I jumped out, wrapping a towel around myself, my hair still dripping wet. As I was letting Jenny into the bathroom, there was a knock on the door. 

Figuring someone ordered room service, and I was closest to the door, I turned around and said, "I'll get it!" Not even thinking to look through the peephole and yanked the door open. The smile on my face got a little bit bigger, when I saw a flustered Jake standing outside of my door. His eyes went wide, like he was surprised I even opened the door. 

"Uh...h-hi." He stuttered. 

"Hey! How'd you know this was my room?" I saw his cheeks start to get red, and I swear he was blushing. 

"Well..." he started, "Last night you said that you were at the right room, but the wrong floor. So I knew the room number, but not the floor. I started from the bottom, and worked my way up," he said with a big smile, and then it was my turn to blush.

 "Are you serious?" I asked, amusement clear in my voice. 

"Yeah," he said, "the older couple on the first floor wasn't very happy about it, but the cougar on the second said she would 'Change her name to Charlotte if that's what I wanted.'"

That's when I lost it, I laughed for what seemed like forever. Finally Ashley and Jenny rounded the corner to see what I was laughing at, and their eyes landed on Jake. "

Hey Jake!" Ashley chirped, while Jenny said "Uhh...Char?" She looked me up and down, and that was when I realized I only had a towel on! 

"Give me one sec!" I said as I closed the door.

I threw on some pajama shorts and my favorite long St. Louis Blues t-shirt, and stepped out into the hall, hoping my friends wouldn't embarrass me. 

"Sorry about that." I said with a little laugh, hoping he couldn't see my cheeks burning. 

"It's more than okay," he said with a wink. That was when I blushed even more, and I knew he could tell because of how wide his smile got. 

"So why were you looking for me?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me. 

"Well..." he said, looking down and scratching his neck sheepishly. "Well you're still the birthday girl, and I was wondering what you guys were doing to celebrate." He said, finally looking back up at me. I laughed a little, because he seemed really nervous, and I couldn't help but notice how cute he looked when he was nervous. 

"Well, my friends and I were planning on going to dinner, and then going out after that!" I said, the excitement entering my voice as I explained my night, "What're you guys up to tonight?" 

"Well, my friends and I had such a fun time with you guys last night, we were wondering if we could help you celebrate you 21st  again tonight? If that's okay with you guys.." He said, trailing off, but his voice sounding hopeful. 

I held up my index finger, signaling that I would be right back, and stepped back inside our room. Sarah was in the shower, but the other two girls were already finished and laying on the two beds scrolling through their phones. I told them what Jake had said and waited for their reaction. They immediately started cheering out of excitement for me, and I could only hope that Jake didn't hear it from the other side of the door.

Walking back to the door, I opened it and leaned against the doorframe. I purposely didn't hold any expression on my face, waiting to see what he would do. 

"Well....." I said, dragging the word out as if my answer wouldn't be the one he was hoping for. His head dropped, showing me that he was disappointed. I let out a little chuckle, and his head shot back up, a hopeful look on his face. "Jake, that sounds great. Meet us in the lobby at 6:30?" 

The smile I have grown to love spread across his face as he said, "Yeah, that sounds great!" I nodded smiling, and closed the door. 

I stood there for a second, and then looked out the peephole, seeing him do a little fist pump before he left. I turned around smiling, only to be greeted by my friends, looking at me expectantly. I nodded my head, and they all started squealing in excitement for me, jumping up and down. Once we had all calmed down, I glanced at the clock and saw it was already 5:30, and we only had an hour before we had be in the lobby.