Chapter 23

Jake POV

After I had dropped Charlotte off, I headed back to my room. The boys and I had plans for dinner tonights since it's our last night here. I wasn't too upset, due to the fact that Charlotte had dinner plans with her friends as well. I was hoping that we would be able to meet up with them later, but we'll just have to see how the night goes. I got back to the room, and immediately walked to my bed, sighing as I lay down. What a day. I heard a door open, and looked up to Caleb walking out of the bathroom. 

"Hey man, how was your day?" 

Once he asked, I immediately opened up, about everything. I told him every aspect about the day, and didn't even try to hide the smile on my face. "Man, it was one of the best days I've ever had," I told him honestly. 

He looked at my apologetically and asked, "Dude. What are you going to do when we leave tomorrow?" 

I sighed, "I don't know man. We have each other's phone numbers, and we only live 5 hours away from each other. Maybe we could just see how it goes?" 

"Yeah, but what about school?" 

Shit, I had forgotten about school. We made it a point to not talk about it on the trip, but now I have no idea where she goes, or if it was anywhere close to my college. Knowing my luck, she goes to school on the opposite side of the country, and we'd have no chance. 

"I honestly forgot about that part. I'm not sure what I'm going to do." 

"Well, you better figure it out by tomorrow," he said. "Maybe you could talk to her friends and see where her head is at." I nodded my head, and headed towards the shower to get ready for dinner.

Once we were all ready, we met up in Caleb and I's room to get ready to head to dinner. It was around 6:00pm when we left for the restaurant. On our way through the lobby, I kept looking around for any sign of Charlotte, but she was nowhere to be seen. I sighed and kept walking. We ended up eating at a sports bar, which I was thankful for because there was baseball on. As we ate, we all kind of talked about the trip and school coming up.

 "So Jake, what are you going to do about the whole Char situation?" Aiden asked from the end of the table. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to play dumb. 

"Dude, come on. We can all tell you're getting attached. You hung out with her all day today." I rolled my eyes, but knew that he was right. I was definitely getting attached to Charlotte; there was no doubt about that. 

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I was thinking about texting Ashley tonight to see if she could give me any ideas as to how Charlotte's feeling, and then go from there." 

"Well if you want to talk to Ashley, maybe we could meet up with them tonight after we're done with dinner!" Kyle piped up from the end of the table. 

"Oh shut up Kyle, we all know you just want to see Ashley. Don't pretend it's to help Jake," Ryder said, chucking one of his fries at Kyle. 

"Well, you're definitely not wrong," Kyle replied with a grin.

"Jake, go ahead and text Charlotte and see what their plans are for tonight. If they don't mind, I'm sure we would all have fun hanging out with them our last night here, right guys?" After they all replied with some form of yes, I took out my phone to text Charlotte.

Jake: Hey what are you up to?

Charlotte: We're just eating dinner! What are you guys doing?

Jake: We just got done eating. We were wondering what you guys are doing tonight?

Charlotte: We don't have any plans. Our flights don't leave until 3:00pm tomorrow, so we could definitely hang out with you guys!

"Charlotte says that they don't have any plans tonight, and they would be okay with hanging out. You guys have any ideas?" They each looked around at one another, trying to come up with some ideas. 

"Honestly, what if we went back to the club we went to the first night. We had a lot of fun there, plus it would be big enough for you to talk to Ashley without Char seeing?" Mason said. I looked at everyone to see what they thought, and they all said it was a good idea.

Jake: We were thinking about going back to the club we went to on Thursday night. What do you guys think?

Charlotte: That sounds good! We will head there after we finish eating. See you guys soon!

"She said they'd meet us there after dinner. Do you guys just want to head there now?" We all agreed, and started walking to the club. The entire walk, I was thinking about what I would say to Ashley, and some way to figure out exactly how Charlotte was feeling, because after spending time with her, I don't want to stop talking to her after this trip is over.