Chapter 4

We stood there motionless. Just staring at each other. I could tell that dad was nervous. We never got a break, it wasn't possible. The knocking on the door continued, in the same beat,

Knock, knock, knock knock.

Over and over, I sat in the corner covering my ears, trying to draw out the noise. Then we all heard something,

"Niammi! I know you're in there, I can sense it. I can smell your scent, I know your family is in there, come on, I know you're there. I can smell your blood, I can sense that you are scared, don't be scared I just want to play! Hehe."

Mya's voice was terrifying I didn't want to do anything, I sat there waiting to wake up, I thought it was a nightmare. I pinched my arm, I couldn't wake up! I counted my fingers, I had 10 fingers, so it wasn't a dream, I looked toward the back door. It was the only door that wasn't locked all the way. I slowly inched toward the door, unlocking the bottom lock slowly, and then turning it as slow as possible. The door opened with ease, I slowly crept out and signaled everyone to walk slowly and quietly outside.

As soon as we were all outside, I closed the door gently, and we all took off, we ran into a diner down the street, and asked for the phone. As soon as the waitress gave me the phone, I dialed 911 and I immediately told the police what happened. They came to the diner, they asked us questions, I had told them everything. Everything from going to an abandoned hospital that wasn't really abandoned, to when we saw Mya behind the bushes, and when Mya was at the door.

The police looked worried, apparently the other cops were checking the house. When one of the cops called from the radio, I couldn't understand, but then they told us, that there was a lot of blood on the door, in the kitchen, all over the walls, and then written all over the walls was, and I am not lying or exaggerating,

"I am coming for you Niami!"

They said that there was a smiley face right next to it. I looked at my parents and at my family. I was terrified, and I knew that they had to be terrified. I looked at the cop, I couldn't say anything. I felt guilt rush over me, but I didn't do anything wrong. I don't know why I had this feeling. I guess it was because Mya was only coming after me, but jeez all this just to get revenge!

But there was only one thing I wanted to ask the cop. After a while of arguing with myself I finally blurted,

"Hey, what hospital was Mya in?"

The cop looked at me and said,

"I think the name is sweet-minds."

I looked over at Aisha our mouths fell open, that's how Mya knew where we were, she followed us! I told the officer the name of the hospital, and he said something about not going there, but the only thing that I could remember him saying was if I was ever to go there, not to go to the second floor. He also said that they were just notified 3 hours ago that she had went missing. My jaw dropped, I was terrified about what I had just caused my family.

I took Aisha to the hospital, I thought that it was abandoned. It's all my fault! I guess Aisha knew what I was thinking because she hugged me. Dad said that we weren't going back to the house, so we rented a hotel room. Everyone was terrified, we made sure that the window and the door was locked. We pulled the blinds, I went to the bathroom, just to get ready for bed, everyone else did the same. We all went to bed. I was slowly drifting to sleep, I probably didn't go to sleep until close to midnight, I didn't know. All I could think about was what happened. I finally fell asleep.

I woke up, but it was different, Aisha and I woke up and we looked around, she walked over to my side, and tugged me out of the bed. We put on our shoes and went outside! I didn't want to go, but something was pulling me, not Aisha but something else. I had no idea what.

We walked for a very long time, and I realized that we were in the forest, we went back to the hospital. We stood there, after a while, we began walking inside, I passed the lady at the front desk, she pointed to the elevator. We went inside, it was slow but somehow it seemed so fast. We got out, and all the walls looked rotten, it was dark, the lights were dim, and the hallway just looked long, we started walking but I stopped myself.

I looked Aisha, I gave her a worried look, and she also gave me the same look, I grabbed her arm and I ran. We ran all the way back to the apartment. We rushed inside, quietly and went straight to bed. We couldn't sleep but we made sure to keep an eye on the door. It was late, and I started drifting off to sleep, as I finally fell asleep, I woke up to a banging on the door!