Chapter 8

I started to shake, I moved slowly until I reached the end of the couch, I wanted to cry, but I kept quiet. I looked around, I didn't see her! I started to panic, I tried to reach for the phone, but when I picked it up, it was broken.

I started to swiftly crawl to the other side of the room, where it was darker. I crawled as fast as I could, although I was also trying to be quiet. I just wanted to get in the shadows. I made it to the other side and gently touched a table. I'm not sure what part of the room I'm in, but I don't even care right now!

I sat there quietly waiting, I was doing this just to make sure that Mya wasn't next to me or something. I waited a while, I didn't hear anything. It was like everything stopped. I crawled towards the stairs, I slowly climbed each step, stopping at every step I take and listening for Mya.

I don't know where she is, but I have a feeling she is in the house. I reached the top of the stairs, I was still crawling as slow as possible. I tapped on a door, lightly, just enough to see if anyone was inside the room. There was nothing.

I tapped again a little louder and whispered through the bottom, apparently mom was in the room. She ran quietly toward the door, she was trying not to sound loud, but I could hear her,

"Niami, get out! Go hide! Run, just run! Mya is here, if she finds you, she will kill you. Go! I love you!"

"Mom! I...I...I can't go anywhere, everything...... everything's locked....I don't know what to do! I was.....I....I...I need to stop her...... I need to stop Mya! She is going to die! I can't take this anymore!" My voice had changed, I was furious.

I wanted to hold my mom, or just hug her, but I knew what I had to do. I HAVE TO KILL MYA! The police can't do anything to help our family, maybe because she is just too good, I don't care, I WANT HER DEAD!!

I crawled to a couple other doors and tapped, nothing was there. I crawled to the bathroom, and I tapped. I heard something shuffle, I whispered in the crack. It was dad! He started to whisper sharply,

"Honey! Hey! Niami, I want you to run! Mya is here, if she catches you.....she will kill you!! I want you to find a way out and find the police! Go!"

I couldn't take this, I whispered back to dad,

"Dad, I'm not going anywhere! I'm going to save our family, and I'm going to stop all of this, I am going to kill Mya!!"

I know he was scared, his voice had changed,

"No! No! You are not going to do that! You are finding a way out, not killing! Niami, I swear, do not do anything too rash!! She will kill you!!!!"

I told him,

"Dad! I can't go anywhere, everything is locked! All the windows are locked, even the door! If I break open a window, she will come after me. I have a plan!! I just need everyone to stay in their hiding places!"

"But.....but....you're a child! Niami! Please! I know you hate her, I feel the same way. But if this is what you have to do, then.....then....I am helping you. I am coming out, just tell me the plan and I'll help. YOU ARE NOT DOING THIS ALONE!"

I smiled, I was worried about dad but I knew that the plan would work. I just needed to let mom and the others know! All of a sudden I heard Mya shouting,

"NIAMMMMMIIIIII! I HEEEAAAR YOU! I'M COMING FOR YOU, ARE YOU PREPARED FOR YOUR DEATH?? HEHEHE!"

I know that this will definitely be an, "interesting" night.