The Perfect Date (Sakata Gintoki)

(Y/N) fumbled with the newspaper, while she was lounging out at the couch. Gintoki's an old friend of hers, and was actually (Y/N)'s long time crush. She loved the silver haired man.

Everyone might find him lazy, broke and a good for nothing, but in (Y/N)'s eyes he was independent, brave and strong. She never planned on confessing because of how much the man had openly declared his undying love for the weather lady Ketsuno Ana, consequently she was doing a great job of hiding it.

"(Y/N)-san, where is Gin-san?" Shinpachi asks as the female only shrugged her shoulders.

Soon enough, Gintoki came running inside. "The gods of love haven't forsaken me!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs, holding a white envelope in his hands. He seemed to be super excited as he stared at the envelope. He also seemed nervous since he was sweating immensely.

"(Y/N)-nee, what's wrong with Gin-chan?" Kagura asked the female who eyed Gintoki.

"I don't know. He's an idiot." (Y/N) says, turning back to the newspaper when Gintoki then grabbed her shoulders and shook her. "(Y-Y-Y-Y/N)!! What should I do!?" He pleaded as (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows at him. "What is it now, Gintoki?"

"K-K-K-Ketsuno Ana invited me to a dinner date!!" Gintoki yells happily as he shoved the paper into her face which she read with an arched eyebrow. "But her brother is coming along?"

"Who cares about him!? Ketsuno Ana invited me! I just knew my charms would work on her! No one can resist me!" Gintoki boasted proudly, raising his head with his nose in the air.

(Y/N)'s heart broke in two. At first, she was okay with it seeing as it was impossible for Gintoki to be with the weather lady. But now, she was starting to doubt her own thinking. What if Ketsuno Ana saw Gintoki's hidden charms, as she did and actually fall for the permhead?

Gintoki would be thrilled and would probably be over cloud nine in happiness if that happened. (Y/N) was thinking deeply inside her mind. Sure, she loved Gintoki— but she would never dare to do somethimg as selfish as get in the way of his happiness.

She wanted him to be happy, even if it wasn't her who would make him happy. So she decided that she would do anything to help Gintoki achieve the happiness he actually deserves.

"Then, shouldn't you accept?" After all that thinking she did, she muttered out words that broke her own heart. "Of course I will! I mean, help me pick out my clothes and stuff! Tell me what I should do! Come on, you're a girl!" Gintoki begged her, (Y/N) sighed deeply.

How could she ever say no to him? Look at him, he was just cute. She was in love with him, so how could she ever reject anything he asked from her in the first place? Slowly she nodded her head and Gintoki jumped around happily.

"So, when you meet her– remember to pull the chair out for her." (Y/N) says, while Gintoki was sitting in front of her with fake reading glasses and a notepad. "Girls love gentlemen, so as long as you keep your perverted remarks to a minimum she won't be disguted by you."

"Also, try not make up stuff and brag about something that didn't happen, she will find out." She says, in a scolding tone while Gintoki nodded at each of her words taking it very seriously. "Instead, try to bring up topics that you both have in common like for example— sweets. No woman hates sweets."

(Y/N)'s eyebrows scrunched up a little bit as she stared at Gintoki. He was taking it very seriously, he was serious about Ketsuno Ana. The fact that he was so serious about Ketsuno Ana and didn't pay a single mind about (Y/N) was enough to make her feel like her heart was being ripped out.