Nothing Has Changed (Joui 4)

"Gin-san! There's a letter for you!" Shinpachi announced, as he walks into the living room where the silver haired samurai was lazing around with a JUMP in his hands. "If it's about the bills, I don't want to see it." Gintoki replied, as Shinpachi sighs. "It's from someone named (Y/N)-san?...Do you know them?" Shinpachi asks when Gintoki's head shot up.

He reached out for the letter with trembling hands and gulped nervously. "Who is it, Gin-san?" Shinpachi asks, Kagura now appearing at the scene and peeking over Gintoki's shoulders.

"...H-How can this be?!"

------

"There's a letter for an idiot." Mutsu grumbled, as she threw an envelope at Sakamoto's head. They were currently on their way to Edo- for another one of their usual business trades. "Letter? What is it now? Ahahahahah! Ahahahaha!" Sakamoto laughs cheerfully and as loud as usual.

"Let's see, let's see— Oh! It's from......" Sakamoto's cheery voice died down and he went silent for a while. It was so unusual, that the loud male would actually shut his mouth for once. Mutsu raised an eyebrow and turned to see a serious expression on Sakamoto's face.

"Who is it from?" Mutsu glanced at the letter to see the name signed at the bottom. "(Y/N)? I've never heard that name before." Mutsu shrugs, ignoring Sakamoto who was still frozen and stunned.

------

"Ugh, wait— what is this?! What?! It's directed to Shinsuke-sama?!" Matako furiously grabbed a lone letter sitting atop the table. Takechi did inform her that there was some sort of weird letter that arrived earlier.

"It's for Shinsuke? That's weird. I don't think he has any friends that would send him such a letter, I daresay." Bansai nonchalantly shrugs as Matako grits her teeth in anger. "Who's the bitch who had the guts to send Shinsuke-sama a letter?! I'll put a lot of holes into her!!" Matako yells, raising her pistols.

"How do you know if it's a woman?" Bansai asked, they didn't notice Takasugi walking through and listening in on their conversation. "Oh, it said here it's from someone named (Y/N), my instincts say it's a woman." Matako raised the letter to his eye level. But then it was snatched from her hands.

"Hey— Shinsuke-sama!" Matako gasped, looking behind her she sees Takasugi eyeing the envelope. Without another word, he disappeared with the letter.

"That....was unusual."

------

"Katsura-san! Katsura-san! A letter came for you!!"

Elizabeth hurried into the room where the long haired male was resting comfortably, waving a sign and a letter profusely in the air. "Oh? Is it from the company that made that defected hair blower? They better beg for my forgiveness, that new hair blower almost damaged my hair! Good thing, I filed a complaint!" Katsura frowns, disapprovingly shaking his head when Elizabeth handed him the letter.

"Oh...it isn't from the company." Katsura tilted his head, his eyes wandering over to the signed sender and his eyes widened. "(Y-Y/N)!?"

"Who is it from, Katsura-san?"

Elizabeth raised a sign, cocking to the side with a curious stare at the man who was frozen shocked in his place, unmoving.

------

"Oh? You got it too, Zura? Ahahahah! This is just like from when we got an invite from Kurokono! Ahahahaha!" Sakamoto laughed, sitting opposite of Katsura in the reserved room specified in the letter that they received. "Brings back memories...I had a good sleep that day." Katsura nodded with a smile.