Your Family Is Right Here (Sakata Gintoki)

(This will be set in the Silver Soul Arc)

The laughters of those who were partying inside the room next door reached (Y/N)'s ears and she sighed the second it did so. They just barely managed to make the Liberation Army retreat and now they were partying like normal. (Y/N) didn't feel like it though. Rather, she wasn't feeling herself at all. Everything happened all so quickly, Utsuro was Shoyo at the same time, the Liberation Army making their advances on earth, everything was a huge mess.

(Y/N) sighed deeply as she looked up at the night sky, through the small window in the room, though it was dark the stars managed to brighten up the darkness. "You shouldn't open the window, it's cold." Gintoki's voice made her head turn to her side where the silver headed male had just entered the room she was in. "Why are you here, Gin?" She asked him softly as he let out a small grunt.

"They're noisy there. If I stayed any longer, I might as well just die, they're drunk you know?" He shrugged it off, but his eyes were focused on her. He sighed and placed an arm around her shoulder, bringing her closer to his chest, she didn't protest either, she just let him.

"What's gonna happen now, Gin?...I'm scared. What if it all happens again like how history repeats itself?" (Y/N) mumbled with a shaky voice. Gintoki frowned at this, it really wasn't like (Y/N) to be so pessimistic, scared and doubtful. "It's not." He assured her, "I'm not gonna let that happen." He says, placing a kiss on her forehead to assure her.

"What if it's our last night together? Gin, I....." She trailed off, and then Gintoki placed a finger over her lips. "Don't say anything more. You have me with you. You have everyone here with you. There's nothing to be afraid of."

(Y/N) felt the tears sting her eyes as she buried her face in Gintoki's chest, gripping unto his clothes tightly. "Yeah...Sorry, nights like this just make me feel nostalgic." She bitterly laughed as Gintoki placed his arms around her small back and hugged her closer to his chest.

"No matter what happens. I won't ever leave you, (Y/N). No one will, so don't ever be afraid." Gintoki murmurs to her as she nodded. "I know. I'm sorry- I love you, Gin." (Y/N) looked up, (E/C) eyes meeting red ones. Next thing she knew, his lips were on hers and they were both naked under the comforts of the blankets and sheets.

"I love you, (Y/N). I won't leave you, okay?" Gintoki says after he breathlessly kissed her one last time before he collapsed on the space next to her. His arms, wrapped around her bare body in a protective gesture as her face was pressed firmly against his chest. "I know. I love you too, Gin." (Y/N) smiled up at him.

Their time was short lived when they heard Hijikata's voice booming outside. "Gengai has fallen into the enemy's hands!!"

(Y/N) and Gintoki scrambled up to put their clothes back on, with their hands intertwined together they ran out to where Hijikata and the gang had all gathered.

Everything was a mess. (Y/N) couldn't hear what everyone was yelling about. The only thing she heard was her desperate gasps for air as she panted. Her chest tightened with every breath she took, she couldn't breath. Her eyes caught sight of Gintoki at the cliff, she watched as Utsuro took another step backward and fell down. Her eyes widened when Gintoki was about to follow.

Pushing her legs forward, she stretched her hand out to grab his clothes. Once the tip of her finger touched his kimono, she hugged Gintoki's back, forcefully holding Gintoki back. "(Y/N)!" Gintoki's voice sounded desperate, his eyes were widened with something unfamiliar in them.

"Gin...No. It's enough." (Y/N) hugged him tightly, as Gintoki relaxed against her touch. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "You're right..." Gintoki opened his eyes and looked at her. Suddenly, (Y/N)'s eyes widened, something was off. It wasn't finished. But that wasn't her priority right now. Gintoki was- (Y/N) looked up and Gintoki kissed her temple.