I Would've 2 (Kondo Isao)

Kondo sighed, feeling the rain penetrate his skin like bullets as he sat on the ground letting himself get soaked in the rain. Otae had left him in the rain again once she had caught him stalking her.

He felt all the worlds problems weighing down on his shoulders, as he looked at the ground. Kondo felt his heart shatter into a million pieces as he grabbed his chest. 'Ah...When will Otae-san love me?' He thinks as he sighed deeply.

The rain falling against his skin was his only comfort as the cold gentle breeze embraced his figure. Suddenly, he didn't feel the rain wet his skin anymore. But he still heard the rain, it was as if he was being protected by someone. Slowly, Kondo looked up to see (Y/N) holding her umbrella up on his head.

"It's cold today, Kondo-san. You shouldn't go out without an umbrella." She smiled softly, and spoke with her words ever so gently, kindly and warmly. Kondo scrunched his eyebrows before his lips draw into a smile and he stood up.

"You're right. (Y/N)-san, it's cold today. But now, it isn't." He says as he grabs the umbrella and held it up on both their heads to protect them from the rain. "My house is close by, if you wouldn't mind. You can take shelter." She offers as Kondo smiled.

"If you are willing to take care of such a man, I would be honored."

As Kondo sat in the (Y/N)'s closed restaurant, his eyes couldn't help but follow her figure as she stood behind the counter with an apron on. She lifted her hands and gently tied her hair back as she started cooking.

Kondo was just watching her the whole time. His eyes never leaving her, she looked so surreal, so ethereal. Kondo even wondered if he had just been dreaming. "What's on your mind?" (Y/N) casually asked, her eyes never left her work.

"Hm?" Kondo asked, anapping out of his trance as she let out a small giggle of amusement. "It's just that you've been staring at me for quite some time now, Kondo-san." She hummed moving her eyes to meet his with a glint of mischieviousness.

"Could it be you've fallen for me?~" She teased with a sly smirk appearing on her lips and Kondo blushed. She looked cute like that. "I'm just joking. No way that would happen right? Here you go, don't worry. It's on the house." (Y/N) served him a warm bowl of ramen as she turned away while Kondo stared at it.

"It's so warm..." Kondo mutters as he started eating, "The ramen?" (Y/N) asked, bringing him water. But, Kondo shook his head as he turned to face her and then he smiled, "It's you. (Y/N)-san."

"Is that so?..." She had this warm, calm look on her face. "Then, you're welcome to take shelter from the rain in my restaurant whenever you want.. Kondo-san."

"I'd be happy to, (Y/N)-san."

(Y/N) felt her cheeks heat up, her eyes widened slightly. She quickly placed the water down on the counter by his side and she faked a cough. "Ahahaha, what are you saying, Kondo-san?!" She hurriedly ran off, feeling her heartbeat quicken at his words.

"You shouldn't...do that...." She frowned as she rubbed her chest, feeling it swell just at the sight of Kondo. "You're making me fall for you more and more...Kondo-san." She whispers lowly.

Kondo felt weird ever since that encounter. The only thing that's been on his mind for the longest was Otae, but now somehow she had gotten in too: (Y/N). Kondo couldn't stop thinking about her ever since when he took shelter from the rain.

That was when he noticed all the lovely charms she had. She was so kind, and gentle. Her cooking was absolutely delicious. Not to mention, how casual she was towards Kondo. He felt weird. What was this feeling in his chest that was completely different from how he feels with Otae?

Hijikata was quick to notice the drastic change in their Chief. He had begun to get less complaints from Otae and Shinpachi, moreover when Kondo was missing he would be found eating at (Y/N)'s restaurant.

So when Kondo was out on a meeting with Matsudaira. Hijikata called for an emergency meeting with everyone in the Shinsengumi. "What's this meeting for?" Okita asked boredly once everyone was inside. Hijikata looked nervous as he looked down and sighed

"This is something regarding Kondo-san." Hijikata trailed off as the room went quiet. "What's wrong with Kondo-san?" Okita arched an eyebrow as Hijikata sighed deeply. "I think he's.....-he's in love again!" Hijikata says as every men in the room gasped in horror.

"A-A-Again!? W-Who is it?!" Yamazaki asked, but Hijikata shook his head. "I'm not sure yet..but remember when Matsudaira-san set him up in an arranged marriage with the cute restaurant owner lady?" Hijikata says. "Apparently, Kondo-san has been going to her restaurant lately. I've also received less complaints from the Shimura Household, Kondo-san hasn't been stalking Otae-san lately!" Hijikata yells as everyone gasps in horror again.

"D-Does this mean—!?" Okita trailed off. "Yeah, Kondo-san might have a shot at a normal love life. Well, I wasn't going to mention this but a few months ago...I met (Y/N)-san outside." Hijikata says, placing a finger on his chin.

"And you wouldn't believe what she told me. Despite seeing Kondo-san in that humiliating scene, she said she still would've fallen in love with him!"

"WHAAAAAT?! A WOMAN? A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN?! IS IN LOVE WITH KONDO-SAN!?"

"Say, (Y/N)-san..." Kondo trails off, he was at her restaurant again. (Y/N) turned to him, stopping her work as he looked down embrrassedly. "I think...I've been acting a little weird." Kondo says as (Y/N) arched her eyebrow, not getting what he meant.

"Ever since that day you gave me shelter from the rain...I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. I don't even think about Otae-san at all anymore!" He blurted out and (Y/N)'s eyes widened at his confession.

"And I think...that you have to be responsible for what you did so....." Kondo cleared his throat nervously as he looked away from her. "If I said I love you....what would you say?....."

(Y/N) felt time stop when he ended his sentence. Did he just confess? She couldn't really process it. Did the man she loved really just confess?

(Y/N) gulped nervously as she connected her hands in front of her and looked down with a blush. "Back then, Kondo-san. I said I would've fought harder for you. But now, I think I don't need to because...I love you too!" She beams with a smile as Kondo's eyes widened and he felt overwhelmed with happiness.

"R-Really?!"

"Yes. In this world or in any other world, I'm sure that I would've said I love you too, Kondo-san!" (Y/N) smiled as she hugged Kondo.

------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Author is feelin good today. Just finished rewatching Gintama so all the feels...I miss Gintama already. Also, I dunno if I did a good job with this part 2 like you asked for
Kaori1Higurashi hope you like it though! The other requests will be comin up soon too!

Requests still open! ♥️♥️