Part 45 🐼🦆🦒🦙🍜

It had been a couple of days now since Court, Daniel and baby Archie have been home from the hospital. Lucy and Zach were still waiting patiently for the little peanuts to arrive but Lucy was getting more pains day by day. It was now 3:34am and everyone was asleep. Well not for long though.

Zach's POV
I had suddenly woke up from the touch of something wet. I took off the sheets that were covering me to see what I could feel. I looked around me and could see nothing at first, until I looked over on Lucy's side of the bed. A massive wet batch beneath her. I went to the closet and got some trackies and underwear for her. I walked back over towards Lucy and tried to wake her up. "Hey baby wake up." "Zach what's up? What time is it?" "It's just passed 3:30 but babe your water broke." She looked beneath her and her pants too. "Oh shit." She whispered. "Here are a change of underwear and trackies." I helped her get changed, and helped her get comfy on my side of the bed. I went downstairs and grabbed a pen and paper to write down the time between contractions.

(Time Skip)

It was 7 in the morning. Lucy and me were now at the hospital. Her contractions came a lot more quicker and stronger than Court's. She was close to dilation, so they were getting her ready to push.

"Are we ready?" The midwife came in and said. Lucy looked up to me and said yes. "Okay here we go, just want to nice strong breaths from you to start off." Lucy was holding onto my hand. Her contraction was coming. "Okay Lucy get ready to push." Lucy pushed as hard as she could while squeezing my hand.

40 minutes of pushing. Lucy was getting close. "Okay I see a head." The midwife said. "You can do this Lucy." I told her. Her contraction came again, she was pushing as hard as she could. And with that, out came peanut 1, as we expected our little boy. "Okay Lucy just one more now. Deep breaths." It was about 6 minutes later and out came peanut 2, our little girl. They were both wrapped up quickly and passed over to Lucy to do skin to skin contact. I started to cry. "Oh baby don't cry." "I'm sorry, I just can't help it. These beautiful babies are ours, that we made. I'm just so happy to be so gifted with these treasures." "So am I baby." She grabbed onto my hand and squeezed it. I pulled her hand up and kissed it. "I love you." "I love you too Zach."

After about five minutes the midwife had come over and took our baby girl as she had to do further tests on her heart. I decided to go with her while Lucy was with our baby boy. I hope that everything is okay with our little girl.

Word Count: 504 words