Chapter 17- Time For Thinking

Andy's POV:

The next morning, Raven was discharged from the hospital. She had decided to spend a few days with Ashley, to clear her head and figure things out. I know that Ashley would never do anything to hurt Raven, but just the thought of her and our baby being away from me, the thought of me not being able to protect them, has me on edge. I just couldn't shake the feeling I had constantly since she first made her decision, the feeling that something would happen if I wasn't there to protect her.

Raven's POV:

Once I was discharged from the hospital, I was starting to doubt my decision to stay away from Andy any longer. Being around him, and seeing how much he cares, makes me miss him more. But I have to stay firm in my choice. I'll return home to Andy soon, I just need a few more days to figure things out with this baby, with Andy and the Juliet situation.

Out at the cars, Andy had asked me for the thousandth time, if I was sure about this. "Andy, I'll be fine. I'm going to be staying with Ashley for a few days, not on a different planet for a month. I'm sure about this." I say. "Call me if you need anything," Andy says as he pulls me into a hug. I don't resist, surprisingly, I have to urge to resist. I wrap my arms tightly around his neck as he wraps his securely around my waist. "Bye," Andy says as we both back out of the hug. "Bye," I say in return.

Once we got back to Ashley's place, he helped me out of the car, then we went inside and I sat on the couch. I just stare off into the air. I'm almost certain that this baby isn't Andy's. I can feel that it's not. But I don't know how to tell him. "Here you go," Ashley says, snapping me out of my thoughts while handing me a glass of water. "I don't think the baby is Andy's. I can't tell him, I don't know how. I don't know what to do." I blurt out. Hesitantly, I looked over to Ashley, who had taken a seat next to me on the couch. He looks shocked like he's at a loss for words. "Ashley, please say something." I plead in a whispered voice. "Um, wow." He says, stuttering over his words.

It took about ten minutes for Ashley to wrap his head around the fact that the baby may not be Andy's. "So, if it's not Andy's whose is it?" He asks. "You remember when Juliet took me to that place with that guy?" I ask, postponing the inevitable. He nods. "Well, the guy, he um, he raped me. I believe the baby is his. I mean, I hope I'm wrong, I hope it's Andy's, but the dates seem too far off for it to be his. I won't know for sure until I can find out how far along I am." I say, surprisingly I was able to remain calm while talking about it. "Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?" Ashley asks, pain clear in his voice. "I didn't know how to tell you. I didn't know how to tell anyone." I answer. "So Andy doesn't know that the baby may not be his?" He asks. I shake my head. "I'm afraid of how he'll react when I do tell him." "Well, I'm sure Andy will love you and the baby just as much as he does now, even if that is the case. If he does happen to have a problem with it, I'll help you raise the baby." At that, my head snaps up. "You don't have to do that, I know the baby isn't yours. It shouldn't be your responsibility." I say. "But I care about you, I've had feelings for you for a long time, even since before you and Andy got married." I couldn't be sure I had heard him right, but I didn't know what to say if I had. So I politely excuse myself to go lie down.

Later that night, before I went to sleep, I sent a text to Andy, telling him that I'd be home the day after tomorrow. I honestly don't know why I keep running from my problems, because it seems like the more I run, the more problems seem to find me. I just want to be home in my bed with Andy. That was the last thing I remember thinking before drifting off to sleep.