In Which Peter is a Sleepy Boi

Warnings:

Nah

Ships:

Parkner
Canon ships
Stucky
Past!Stony

Peter

As much as I hate surprises, I love going on the surprise field trips. Not knowing where we are going, everyone trying to use the clues from the bus ride to figure out where we are headed, it's fun. It's like working out a puzzle, or an escape room, only less claustrophobic and less anxiety-inducing.

However, I had a rough training session last night, and I'm sore, and Harley is coming up today, and I just really want to be home.

I'm falling asleep on the bus ride, not nearly as involved in the thrill compared to other trips. So far we've been to the Space Museum, Natural History Museum, Central Park, and the One World Observatory. Normally, I'd have a list in my head of all the places we could be going to, mainly from my time out as Spider-Man, and I'd be crossing them off according to new information Harrington gives us in five minute intervals, but I'm exhausted. I don't think I could muster up the list if I tried.

I don't know how long I sleep, but I wake up when the bus stops and turns off. I sit up wearily, MJ and Ned left me alone bc I texted them about what happened last night. I look out the windows and immediately am hit with anxiety.

"Fuck." I mumble.

"Haha, looks like we'll see if Penis really does have a job." I ignore Flash and flick my hood up, exiting the bus.

The tour guide is a low level intern, name tag reads Molly. Never seen her before. She drones on through the speech I've given a million times and passes out passes, not even looking at me weirdly.

"Any questions?" She asks at the end of the speech.

"Do you know a Peter Parker?" Flash inev... Asks. He asks. Gods I hate that word, the 'i' word.

"Uh, no, doesn't ring a bell, sorry. But I have only been here a few weeks." She shrugs and I hear everyone snicker. I look at the stupid FastPass in my hand.

"Uh, Molly? My Pass is invalid."

"Um, what makes you say that?"

"It's past expiration, by two months." Which is incredibly weird. I'll have to talk to Happy about it.

"Oh, well I can get you a different o-"

"No need." She looks at me for a second, but doesn't question me. That's the trick, act like you're in charge and that you know what you're doing, and people won't question you.

"Um, okay. Let's get you all inside, then. There is a security checkpoint, one of many, and all you do is swipe your card and wait for the light to turn green." I roll my eyes, not out of disrespect for her, just, I'm exhausted, and this trip is going to be even more exhausting.

I obviously cannot go through security with an expired pass, at all. So I break away from the group and go towards the other checkpoint.

"Um, Sir? Sir you can't-" She calls out as I cross through the checkpoint reserved specifically for family and friends.

"𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙱𝚘𝚜𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎."

"Thanks FRIDAY." I look at her. "I told you, there's no need to get me a new pass."

"How can you... I've never heard FRIDAY speak before." She's mildly astounded.