~ 24 ~

It was a beautiful evening. It had the most beautiful shade of orange in the sky as the sun settled with a graceful breeze flowing in the atmosphere. The perfect type of evening that favored a tea party and Hilary couldn't ask for anything more.

She smiled a little at some words of Ashley's, with her brown eyes focused on the peach sky. "Yeah, but you should let it go..."

"I seriously can't." Ashley cut in immediately, adamantly shaking her head with a little pout. "He completely ditched a party that means so much to me, you know." She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest in exasperation.

Hilary chuckled slightly at her friend's reaction, her face turning towards her. "You already know how your brother doesn't take things seriously. It's a surprise he even agreed to come to this evening gathering which he would have normally called it childish. But I did not tell him Jayden will be coming. You know how those two can't stand the sight of each other."

Ashley rolled her eyes and shrugged, leaning her head against the other lady's shoulder. "Now that we are on the topic, do you think your own brother is gonna show up? There is an arguable slim chance Jay will."

"I know... I only tested the waters and he replied with a grumpy 'I will think about it.'" Hilary laughed at her attempt of imitating her older brother's voice, knowing she sounded nothing like him. "So yeah, we may as well see if he comes out of his room today."

"I must confess, Jay seems so different now," Ashley admitted after a short while.

"Give him time." Hilary simply answered, her eyes finding the sky once more. "That's why father arranged a personal doctor for him." She added.

Ashley jerked her head up immediately to look at the other lady, her expression crossed with irritation. "Do you have to kill the mood, Hills?"

"Huh?"Hilary tilted her head confusedly.

"You know I don't like her. Why bring her up?"

"Actually, have been wondering. You were pretty mean earlier."

Ashley scoffed, her green eyes rolling with an exaggerated force. "I just said I don't like her. You don't expect me to be nice to someone I don't like."

"You sound like a ninth grader right now, do you know that?" Hilary smirked, looking down at her watch. "It's past five. Is anyone not going to arrive?" She questioned, her brows squeezing.

The sound of footsteps drew closer behind them from the bushes of the garden. Both women turned around slowly and they laid eyes on the tall figure stepping through the garden toward them. Hilary's lips instantly curled at the sight of him while the other lady's twisted to a disgusted sneer.

"Look what we have here, my favorite senoritas!" He grinned with an overly exaggerated mannerism that had Ashley glaring harder while Hilary rose to receive his already stretched arms.

"It's so nice to see you again, Justin." Hilary expressed with an identical happy tone before he embraced her in a friendly hug.

"Same, Hills, same," Justin responded with another exaggerated grin before pulling away and requesting they did the homie handshake they came up with since their childhood days.

"Tch," Ashley rolled her eyes from where she sat, the pretense frown seated against her face clouding her true gladness of seeing him.

The disapproving sound coming from his little sister was enough to get his attention immediately. "I know. Someone is mad at me." He bent closer to her seated form. "But I came to this stupid party because of you, to make things up."

Hilary immediately cleared her throat at Justin's words. As the hostess of the party, that remark definitely hit some spots.

He chuckled at her reaction, turning back to her with a hand scratching the base of his ponytail. "No offense Hills. You grow up so fast and now we are replacing those Barbie dolls of yours." He immediately smiled again, just to make sure his charm melts whatever murder thought his words might have triggered inside Hilary.