32: TJ #1

Special Chapter Series

This Chapter takes place about a month and a half later on Cyrus's birthday.

Jonah gripped the box in two hands knowing he would have to keep it as still as possible to avoid noise. The front door wasn't an option so he scanned for another entrance. He noticed the roof of his car was pretty close to the roof of the garage so he assumed he could get up there. He placed the box onto the hood and carefully climbed up. The sun was beginning to rise and Jonah took a second to admire it before shaking his head.

"No distractions." He whispered to himself. He jumped up and grabbed the ledge of the roof. He scaled it and reached for the box before bringing it up with him. He cautiously climbed across the roof until he came across an unlocked window. He pulled it open and placed the box inside before climbing in himself. He made sure to shut the window behind him and picked the box up again. Jonah found himself in front the door and slowly opened it before creeping inside. The room was pitch black but there was a nervous feeling in Jonah's stomach knowing something wasn't right. Sure enough a light flicked on revealing Cyrus stood there unimpressed.

"You forgot again didn't you?" Cyrus asked sternly.

"No," Jonah scowled.

"What's in the package then Jonah?"

"None of your bu..." Jonah tried to say before being chased by Cyrus. He would've escaped if it wasn't for the door being shut and Cyrus ripped the box out of his hands.

"Happy birthday." Jonah tried to save himself.

"Thank you, but I can't believe you forgot!" Cyrus complained. Jonah was about to defend himself but Cyrus cut in again.

"You forgot our anniversary aswell, and our date!" Cyrus yelled.

"I'm sorry Cy, I just have been so busy, plus we're not even married so an anniversary is pretty useless." He replied.

"I know your busy, but I remember events for you, it's that job that's taking your time away from you." Cyrus stood up and placed the box on the bed. He opened the package and couldn't even believe what he was seeing.

"A basketball?" Cyrus glared at Jonah.

"Yeah, I thought you could try and learn it..." Jonah whispered. Cyrus rolled the ball over and saw the initials J.B on it.

"Your kidding me, you bought this for you! Didn't you?" Cyrus nearly yelled again. Jonah hesitated to speak and knew he was doomed.

"You know I wouldn't want it so that you could have it." Cyrus shook his head angrily at Jonah.

"I'll take it back...." Jonah whispered again.

"No, I'm gonna keep it." Cyrus said.

"You don't even know ho....."

"Thank you Jonah, I love it! I'll see you later." Cyrus thanked him sarcastically and with that he walked out the bedroom and slammed the door shut before taking Charlie's lead and taking her out.

"Stupid Jonah, Of course he wouldn't care about his boyfriend's birthday! Why would he, he's never changed." Cyrus monologued. He walked in pure anger across streets for a while until he arrived at a park. He set Charlie free so that she could play. He rolled the ball around in his hands whilst he sat on a nearby bench, passing it between his two hands. He then thought about what Jonah would have finished saying.

"You don't even know how to play basketball." He knew that was what he was gonna say

"I'll show him." Cyrus muttered to himself and took his jacket off before heading to the outdoor court. Charlie seemed to be watching from a distance to see what was happening. Cyrus cracked his knuckles and walked towards the hoop before throwing the ball. It didn't go anywhere near the hoop and nearly hit Cyrus again.