Chapter Nine

Mew had never been so nervous before. Even when Korn had asked him out the first time. He'd been surprised, but comfortable with the idea of going out with his 'friend'. Joking about it being a date didn't make it more than that. Although, with the way things had turned out, perhaps it was the beginning of the change that had led them here.

Without either of them planning it, they had come to this point. They were going on their first 'real' date.

Mew had racked his brain for ideas on what to do. Had he known this opportunity would arise he might have saved the trip to the fairground, but there was no way he was doing the same thing twice.

He wanted their date to be special but not stuffy. Fun and interesting enough to give them something to do but not so involving that they couldn't talk with ease. He really wanted to spend time with Korn but he also wanted to get to know him better.

Perhaps Mew would find out a few more things about what Korn liked – other than kissing him.

Except he couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. Thinking about what it had felt like to have Korn's mouth pressed firmly against his. Tasting him, teasing him, being drawn into something that he'd never felt before but was sure he could have again, if he just played his cards right.

He wanted to play his cards right.

He needed to play his cards right.

Having Korn in his life was beyond anything his imagination could have come up with. Yet it wasn't enough anymore. Mew wanted him as more than a friend. That, he was certain, would be a taste of heaven.

Mew picked up Korn at his house a little after six. He'd taken the time to dress up. His black jeans and pale grey shirt weren't anything to write home about, but he'd made sure they were perfectly pressed, his shoes were polished to a high shine and he had the subtle scent of his father's favourite cologne wafting from his body. His hair was combed, gelled and slicked back in place.

After checking his wallet for the hundredth time, he knew he had enough money to cover their date. There were also two small foil packets safely tucked into the side pocket. Pressed into his hands by his mother when he told his parents he was going on a date. It was terrifying to think she was aware of the thoughts going through his head but glad that she and his father didn't try to pretend it wasn't a possibility. Mew didn't actually think anything was going to happen, but it paid to be prepared.

He arrived just in time to hear Korn telling his parents he was going out with a friend and wouldn't be staying for dinner. Mew was pleasantly surprised when Korn stepped out looking handsome and decidedly delectable. He was hard-pressed to remember his own plans for the evening because all he wanted to do was take Korn back home with him and kiss him until he forgot about everything and everyone else.

Korn was wearing slim-fitting khaki trousers that showed off the muscles in his thighs whenever he took a step. The pale blue dress shirt stretched across his chest and practically begged Mew to press his hand against Korn's hard pectoral muscles and smooth a path from his shoulder to his waist. The light jumper he had tied around his shoulders would probably come in handy if it got cold but right now it accentuated the broadness of his shoulders. He'd even traded in his usual sneakers for dress shoes.

Mew had to swallow repeatedly to soothe his throat which had gone dry. Even then his greeting was barely audible when Korn finally acknowledged his presence.

"Oh...you're already here." He said in surprise when he noticed Mew just about to knock. Leaning forward and giving Mew a whiff of his clean masculine scent and the mild scent of his deodorant, Korn whispered, "Let's get out of here."