Chapter Sixteen

Mew thought things would get easier after they were caught.

In a way they did.

It wasn't that they were better at keeping their hands off each other, it was because they could now use his parents as a buffer. Instead of studying in his bedroom, they studied in the dining room. When they were home alone, they left the door open so that temptation couldn't get the better of them.

Sometimes they succeeded. Most times they failed.

It would only take a touch or a look and they were on each other. Doing everything they could to get off even though they would both spend an equal amount of time trying to remember why it was a bad idea.

But it was necessary to get ready for the exams. They were around the corner and he didn't feel in the least bit prepared. Korn's laissez-faire attitude didn't help. He was happy with whatever he got in his final grade. Yet he had no trouble keeping up with Mew when they were studying.

"You're making me look bad," Mew said when they were revising the content from their last Math test.

Korn had scored 27 out of 30, beating him by a point. It was becoming a common occurrence. His results in the continuous assessment had been equal or better than Mew's with only a couple of exceptions. Mew didn't know if it was simply because Korn was putting in more effort or because he was the one getting distracted and failing.

He needed to pull up his socks or he would end up being the one left behind, "Maybe you should tutor me from now on since you're doing so well."

"I thought I was." Korn stated, "I've shown you everything I learn after listening to Game give me a disturbingly detailed account of his first blowjob."

Unfortunately, Korn was always a welcome distraction especially when he said things like that, "Seriously Korn...that is not what I was talking about and you knowing it."

The timing could have been better. But Mew loved the fact that he could finally feel like his skin fit. He was with someone who not only made him feel good about himself but also challenged him to be better without making it feel like a constant competition.

That was the main reason he didn't study with his classmates. They made him feel the exact opposite; like he was perpetually inadequate and everything had to be measured against how well he did in comparison to them. Mew had to admit, he sometimes forgot and treated Korn like that but it only took one instance of Korn making fun of him to bring him back to reality.

If dreams did come true then, this was everything he had ever hoped for and more.

"Are you ready for this?" Korn asked Mew as they copied the exam schedule from the bulletin on the notice board.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"That doesn't sound good."

There was no way Mew could explain how he felt about and during exams. He was fine with tests and assignments because there wasn't as much pressure. But when it came to exams, he got so nervous, it felt like he was going to be sick. Then again, he had plenty of appropriate and inappropriate thoughts of Korn to anchor him. He didn't know if it would be enough but he was banking on it.

"I'll be fine." He dismissed Korn's concern with a careless wave. "I'm more interested in what we'll do once we are done with this legalized torture."

The suggestive tone didn't leave much to the imagination and he watched Korn blush then look around to make sure nobody was listening, "You just want to distract me so you can beat me in the exams."

"Damn...my plan has been discovered. What am I going to do now?" He whispered close to Korn's ear while making sure the back of his hand trailed against Korn's arm.