Chapter Eighteen

Korn had to go to the junkyard. He'd found an old bicycle with an intact frame on one of his walks back from practice late at night, but all the moving parts were shot to pieces. He'd taken it upon himself to get it back in working order. Hence the trip to the scrap metal yard.

It didn't hurt that it gave him something to think about other than what he and Mew had promised. Not that it worked. It was just easier than thinking about it. Wanting it yet dreading it. Being so excited he'd woken up with sticky underwear more than once yet also terrified enough to want to avoid Mew for the rest of the day.

It didn't work out as he'd planned. He found what he was looking for at the junkyard faster than expected and had to go home or get in trouble with the guard who watched the place. He was tolerant of Korn's presence but only in short bursts.

"Korn...get your greasy junk outside or else..." His sister threatened when she came home to find him sorting through the pieces he needed to make the gear and chain for his 'new bike' in a pile on the ground.

"Hey phi...mum said I can put them in the corner as long as I make sure they don't leave grease marks everywhere. That's done." He explained pointing at his makeshift work area, "So stop being annoying."

"Why do you have to act like a grease monkey?" P'Kavitra asked, still angry with him for making a mess.

"It's a nice project, sis. Think about it. It's better than buying a bike and I get to and from school faster this way." Seeing that she still didn't get the attraction to his tinkering he finally said, "I know it's nothing spectacular but it's fun."

"Then could you make sure you don't get grease everywhere?" She muttered then very obviously wiped off a grease stain from the dining table and earned a sheepish grin from Korn.

He went to his room after making sure every stain was cleaned because if P'Kavitra was giving him a hard time, his mother would kill him. It helped him pass the time but when he looked at the clock it wasn't midday yet. There were still too many hours for him to obsess about that thing he had promised he wouldn't obsess about.

It was probably because he'd grown so accustomed to waking up early during training that he found his morning dragged on. But all that was put to rest when he heard his sister shout his name. "Mew is here to see you."

He came running down the stairs to find Mew standing by the door. "Do you want to get out of here?"

It was now or never. Korn grabbed his jacket and followed Mew.

"Don't wait up." He shouted to his sister.

"Does mum know you are going to be out?"

"Nah...but I know you'll tell her I went with Mew, right?"

She stuck her tongue out at him and he knew he was golden.

"So where to." He asked Mew when they were finally a distance away from his house.

"I think we start with the pharmacy."

~

Mew was nervous enough that his hands were shaking. He'd done this a few times. Come to the pharmacy to get supplies. But he hadn't been afraid – until he knew he was finally going to do something that involved someone else. Masturbating was embarrassing enough but imagining that someone else knew what they were doing together made his face flame and his palms get sweaty.

The only thing keeping him from running all the way home and hiding under the covers of his bed was that Korn was looking at him with absolute trust.

They consulted Korn's notebook and picked up condoms and lubricant. They couldn't find the enema until Korn indicated to Mew that it might be in the section beyond their reach. Right behind the pharmacist who was watching them with hawk-like eyes.