Chapter 9: Autumn

Do you know where we are going, or are you lost?"

Selena was beginning to get impatient.

"Well, do you know the way back? Remember that I was summoned to this world from a different one, so everything is still new to me, and Raolet still has the map."

"No, I've never seen this road before."

I was about to say something when we heard someone scream for help. Upon the road were Abysslings surrounding someone. I stopped the carriage as we got out to help the person. Leo was the first one to get out and kicked the Abysslings away from the person. Once we killed all of them, Leo looked at the person asking if they were alright and not injured.

The person was a shy, timid girl named Autumn, who has pale skin, light brown hair, and green eyes who has trouble opening to people. She didn't say anything but nodded her head slightly. Leo noticed that she has scrapes on her legs and arms and told me to get the bandages from the back of the carriage. I gave him the bandages, and he proceeded to wrap them around Autumn's arms and legs.

"There we go. All better now."

"Tha-Thank you. My name is A-Autumn."

"My name is Leo, one of the Neon Cavaliers. So, what were you doing here?"

"I'm looking for Nereus so I can find the location of the Gleon seed. I want to bring it back to my village as we are going through a famine."

Leo looked at us, and we nodded our heads.

"Well, help find Nereus and the Gleon Seed."

"Th-Thank you. Here's the map that is where Nereus is supposed to live."

She handed Leo the map, and he handed it to me. I brought the carriage over so Autumn can get on. Once everyone got on the carriage, Leo asked if he could be in charge of the carriage while I helped him with the map. I agreed, and we rode off.

"According to the map, we need to head into the northwestern mountain range."

"Looks like there's a split path up ahead. What does the map say?"

"Go left."

I turned the carriage left and continued down the path. Once we made it to the entrance to the mountain range, I noticed a sign saying to be wary of Centaurs.

"Centaurs?"

"Let's just go. We can handle them."

"Yeah, they're no threat to us."

We continued up the mountains and eventually came upon a narrow pathway that was too small for the carriage, so I put Lucy, Ruby, and Yuki in charge of watching the carriage while the rest of us continued the path. We walked on the pathway carefully and making sure not to slip and fall. We finally reach the end with an old bridge that could break at any second.

"I think it could support a small amount of weight. Let's there's me, Leo, Matt, Connor, Autumn, and Selena. Let's go two at a time. Matt and Leo go first, then me and Selena, then Connor and Autumn."

"No, I think it could support all of us. It's doesn't look that old."

I looked at Selena, confused.

"No way it could support all of us. The rope looks like it could snap if more than two people walk in it."

"Trust me. I know what I'm doing."

She walked on the bridge with everyone following. I followed them, walking on the bridge slowly.

"See. I told you it could hold all of us."