8

(Y/n) opened her eyes to see the bright blue sky above her. Clouds of all different shapes passing by with the birds that flew with them.
She could feel the soft green grass underneath her and the bright sun touching her warm skin.
She felt a wave of wind tangling her (h/c) hair, making it messy as always.

She stood up, finally noticing she wasn't trapped inside her palace. She still wore a dress but this time it wasn't tight around her waist, it was a simple clothed dress. She could feel the grass tickle her feet underneath every time she took a step forward but she stopped when a wave of nervousness washed through her.

"You know you can leave."

She clenched her fists upon hearing her voice, her nails digging into her skin from the amount of rage that washed through her. She pursed her lips tightly and scowled. She looked at her sister who surprisingly still looked ill, even if they were inside a dream, her sister was always sick. She had the kindest soul in the kingdom, meanwhile her other sister was the complete opposite. She was filled with rage and courage from how the world was. (Y/n) was enraged with them, why couldn't they take her with them? Why did they have to leave her there? Then again, she always reminded herself that if she did follow them that night she would have ended up dead.

"But I can't." She spat, angered and frustrated with her own thoughts.

She heard the leaves ruffle above her, she looked up to see her other sister sitting on the tree branch.

"You're about to be twenty four, right? We left the palace when we were nineteen but you wanted to be a goody two shoes and stayed back for mommy dearest."

"Easier said than done, you two were never forced to eat so the cold never hurt you."

"The witch helped us, she can remove the curse from your body-"

"Yet look what happened to you two, you're dead and I'm still alive." She interrupted, her face softening for a moment. "Besides I have my doubts on whether or not to trust the rebellion."

"Why's that?"

She remained silent, choosing her words carefully as she tried to explain why she was so scared about going against her own mother. She looked down at her blue sparkling fingers that were most likely dead. They felt completely numb and it was always starting to get difficult for her to even pick up a fork during dinner.

"I don't think the witch would forgive me if she found out I ate an innocent person."

"You were forced."

"But I still did it, I had the choice to not do it." She closed her eyes, clenching her hair in frustration with herself. "The witch isn't what I'm worried about right now, there's a stubborn guard that's most likely planning to kill me. I'm just waiting for the day for him to strike."

"Then what? You end up dying because you don't want to help?"

"I don't think I want to help. The nightmares have started and my memory is getting shittier. The process is already starting."

Her sister jumped from the tree, she landed in front of (y/n). When she looked up she saw a bullet hole in her forehead. She gulped, backing away as she was forced to remember the terrifying scene that made her a mute for the rest of her childhood years. She hesitated to look back at her other sick sister who was in worse condition, she was already dying with her sickness yet her mother still ordered to shoot her.