26

-

Seeing nothing for a few hours was quick for her to get used to. She wasn't afraid of the darkness and she had a gut feeling that her blindness would soon go away. Right now her main worry was Masami. It had been days since Feitan sent a few of his own friends to go look for the missing girl and when every day that passed by the less hope she felt in her return.

"I'm sure she's fine." Phoenix broke the silence as he sat beside her bed. He watched as Leorio continued to check her eyes.

The days always started like this. Feitan would sleep with her during the night and during the day he would be gone just to go find more information of Masami who had been missing. Meanwhile (y/n) would stay in bed and continue to stare at the darkness in front of her. By the third day she could finally see, still blurry but anything was enough for her. Not only that, she couldn't wait to see the outside world again. Finally she was free but she couldn't see, she figured it was because of all of her sins...she deserved to be punished.

"I hope so." She let out a small sigh.

"About your eyes, do you think your vision will come back?"

"I don't mind being blind." she said, trying to be positive about it.

Both Leorio and Phoenix stared at each other, "One of your eyes is fine, it just had dust from when the building collapsed. The other one..I'm not so sure about it."

(Y/n) only nodded, her mind more worried about Masami than her vision. She was the one who saved her life countless of times, she couldn't wait to thank her again and again.

Funny. An eye for an eye. My guards took her eye and now I'm the one without one.

-

Feitan used a wet rag to clean her eyes. A week had passed and she hadn't heard about Masami nor the small group of scouts he sent. He didn't seem bothered by it at the moment, he knew she could take care of herself. His mind was occupied with thoughts of what the witch told him earlier. For the last few days he had been staying up late, (y/n) sleeping in his arms while he continued to overthink.

"You're quieter than usual." She finally broke the silence, opening her eyes to see only from one.

"Is your vision coming back?" He muttered, tossing the rag over to the desk nearby. He sat up from her bed, brushing her hair out of her face as he looked down at her.

"Stop worrying about me, I'm fine. Better than ever if I'm being honest," she grabbed his hand, interlocking her fingers with his, the other she rested over her stomach, feeling somewhat pain but she figured it was from when she fell. "Now we don't have to worry about someone catching us being together."

"I know." He couldn't help but smile, his eyes flickering to her stomach. The witches words came to his mind but he was quick to throw it to the back of his head. The thought of being a father was too much for him to handle, he wasn't ready and he knew (y/n) wouldn't be ready either until she finished seeing what was outside the kingdom.

"I'm sorry if I worried you too much."

"Me? Worried? Don't say that."

"Then why are you so quiet?" She begged to know, scrunching her eyebrows.

"Is it that noticeable?" He thought to himself. He shrugged his shoulders, laying down beside her. "The royal empire is the least of my worries now," he began, his eyes going back to her stomach before shaking his head and growing annoyed with himself every time he thought of her having a child. His child. The future queen or king that would end up taking his crown and his throne and his place as king of the Pluto kingdom. "There's many people I want you to meet."