i

It was morning in the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles when a highschool boy fell out a locker. He had dark navy blue hair accompanied with an ahoge and yellow eyes, a black hat and was dressed in a detective attire. The boy looked up, confused at his surroundings.

"I- Where am I?" the boy asked, confused.

"Oh hello! I'm gathering that you have no idea what's happening either. Anyway, I'm Kaede Akamatsu, the Ultimate Pianist!" A girl said cheerfully, throwing her hands up in the air. The boy stood up and brushed himself off.

"Hello Akamatsu. My names S-Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective I guess." The boy, Shuichi, said. The girl nodded, she looked deep in thought. Shuichi took this time to take a look at the girl. She had long blonde hair with an ahoge on top and purple eyes and wore a dark pink skirt with music notes on it, matching her ultimate. She also wore a brown tie with a light pink sweater, accompanied by a backpack on her back.

"Any idea how we got here?" Akamatsu asked. Shuichi shook his head. "I gathered that. I guess we should just head to the gym and see if there are any other people here." She said and Shuichi nodded in agreement before they headed towards the door.

"I wonder what how long this school has been abandoned for. There's plants growing through everywhere." Shuichi wondered out loud.

"It's like that everywhere, if we're gonna be here for a while we should at least de-weed the place." The blonde girl said before they shortly arrived at the gym.

"So that makes 16 of us." A voice said. Shuichi turned his head and saw it came from a guy with green hair that greatly resembled an avocado.

"How interesting." A very tall guy with dark green hair and a mask mumbled.

"Ew! Another degenerate male! Get away from precious Himiko!" A girl with dark green hair shouted as soon as she laid eyes on Shuichi. Shuichi looked around the gym, viewing the other 14 students. He got halfway around the room before he saw an argument happening. He walked over to it to investigate.

"-at's robophobic!" someone said, they had the appearance of a robot.

"No it's not! I just wanna know if robots have dicks." A short boy dressed in white with purple hair said.

"I- what's happening here?" Shuichi asked, confusion written on his face.

"Oh hello there mister detective!" The short boy said, looking Shuichi up and down, making Shuichi blush. "I was just asking robo-bitch over here if robots have dicks."

"That's not my name. Hello, I'm K1-B0 the Ultimate Robot! You can call me Keebo though." The robot, now known as Keebo introduced himself.

"Hello Keebo." Shuichi said with a small smile.

"Nishishi~ how rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Kokichi Ouma, the Ultimate Supreme Leader!" The purpled headed boy said.

"I can already tell you're going to be trouble, but nice to meet you Ouma." Shuichi said.

"You betcha I'm gonna be trouble, trouble is my middle name!" Ouma said with his arms resting behind his head. Suddenly, a noise could be heard in the gym and everybody turned their heads.

"Puhuhuhu, now that you're all here, let's get this started!" A voice said before a black and white stuffed teddy bear jumped up onto the stage.

"What the fuck? A fucking teddy bear?" A girl with two ahoges and a tendency to swear yelled.

"Language Miss Iruma! I'm not a teddy bear, I am Monokuma. Anyway, welcome to the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles you horrible lot. Here you can enjoy the company of 15 other Ultimate students and maybe even fall in love~" The bear said, and gave the students a wink.

"Atua disapproves of that wink." a girl dressed in yellow muttered under her breath.

"So we're stuck here? Is that what you're saying?" a girl with long brown hair dressed in red asked the stuffed bear.

"Yup! But not to worry, there's plenty to do here! There's a cafeteria, swimming pool, arcade-" Shuichi saw Ouma's eyes light up at the mention of an arcade. "- not to mention you have your own ultimate labs!" Monokuma finished.

"You know this doesn't sound that bad. It's already a million times better than prison." a boy short boy, even shorter than Ouma, commented.

"I'll quickly run over the rules and then I'll let you guys be. You can't leave, there's no exits. Night time is at 10pm, the gym and cafeteria close at that time, along with the pool. You don't have any lessons, you're free to do as you wish. If you kill somebody you'll have to face a trial and you'll have to die, if you hurt me you shall die also. Have a good time kiddos!" Monokuma explained before disappearing.

"I- this is different." Akamatsu said to Shuichi.

"Yes I agree, although it's not a bad arrangement." Shuichi replied.

"Exactly! I think we should make the most of this situAtion, but first, we need to know how everyone is!" Akamatsu said, grabbing everyone's attention.

After a brief introduction with everyone, Shuichi was tired. He decided to take a walk outside and lay in the grass. After a few minutes of looking at the clouds, he felt his eyelids get heavy and he fell asleep.

***

"-chi. Hey, Shuichi!" Shuichi opened his eyes as he was greeted with the one and only Kokichi Ouma sitting on top of him. Shuichi never realised how nice Ouma's eyes were.

"Huh.. Ouma?" Shuichi mumbled, his voice hoarse of sleep.

"The one and only!" Ouma responded with a grin spread across his face.

"W-Where am I?" Shuichi asked, wiping his eyes and confused from just waking up.

"Laying on the grass by the arcade." Ouma responded with, not taking his eyes off Shuichi. Shuichi tried to sit up only to fall back.

"Huh?"

"Well we are in quite the pickle aren't we?" Ouma asked, giggling.

"You put us in the pickle." Shuichi said before reaching for his hat to hide his growing blush.

"Oh yeah, I did didn't I?" The purple haired boy was giggling at Shuichi's confused expression.

"Where's my- you have it." The hatless boy said as he looked on top of the Supreme Leader's head to find his hat perched there.

"I have to say Mr. Detective, you look so much better without it, but if you want it back you'll have to catch me." Ouma said with a mischievous expression before jumping up and running away.

"I- wait up!" Shuichi yelled before getting up and running after the smaller boy.

After what felt like hours of running, Shuichi chased Ouma into the cafeteria.

"Shuichi! You're alive!" Akamatsu shouted in happiness as Shuichi was bent over, trying to catch his breath.

"Saihara, take a seat and have some food." Kirumi said with a smile.

"Thank you Kirumi." Shuichi said as he sat down. He would worry about his hat later.