ix

Shuichi stayed silent, focusing on his work. Kokichi huffed in annoyance before putting the files back in the drawers and sitting next to Shuichi on the desk.

"You look like you're being asked the impossible. What are you stuck with?" Kokichi asked, tilting his head to read the paperwork. Shuichi moved the paperwork slightly so that Kokichi could read it.

"Ever thought that the floorboard could move?" Kokichi asked, pointing to the picture of the floorboard. "If you look, the screws are missing and it's raised slightly higher than the other floorboards."

"That's so smart." Shuichi mumbled as he scribbled something down.

"Damn that's one way to go, being stabbed in the back of the neck with a sickle in a seance." Kokichi said and Shuichi nodded in agreement.

"It's smart though." Shuichi said.

"Would you ever murder anyone?" Kokichi asked out of the blue.

"I- what type of question is that?" Shuichi asked, looking up at the smaller boy.

"I dunno, I was just curious." Kokichi said, rolling his eyes.

"Of course." Shuichi said, turning back to his work. Kokichi started kicking his legs back and forward, looking up at the ceiling. After a while of them sitting in silence Kokichi spoke up.

"Why do you hang out with me?" Kokichi asked.

"You don't give me a choice most the time, you just appear." Shuichi said, not taking his eyes off his work.

"You can tell me to go away, but you don't. Why?" The purple haired boy asked.

"You're a good person, not to mention a good friend. Everyone hates you, but I guess that's because you want them to. Plus there's just something about you, it makes me want to get to know you." Shuichi explained, looking at the boy. Kokichi looked down at Shuichi.

"You're alright too I guess." Kokichi said with a smile, making Shuichi laugh.

""Alright" is better than "cum dumpster" so I'll take that." Shuichi said, making Kokichi laugh.

"If only you knew." Kokichi mumbled.

"Knew what?" Shuichi said, his eyes on his work again.

"Nothing." Kokichi said with a smile.

"Okay. Are you looking forward to the movie tonight?" Shuichi asked.

"Of course, sitting alone in a horror movie is always fun." Kokichi said sarcastically.

"I know how that feels, Kaito and Maki are gonna want to sit together, so I'm just going to be at the back on my own." Shuichi said rather sadly.

"What about Kayayayaday?" Kokichi asked.

"She'll probably sit with Miu and Keebo." Shuichi said.

"Do you think there'll be popcorn?" Kokichi wondered.

"Hopefully. If Kirumi does it I'm sure it'll be amazing." Shuichi replied.

"Kirumi's food is the best." Kokichi said, and Shuichi nodded in agreement.

"I think I'm done with this now." Shuichi said, nodding to himself.

"My beloved, so smart." Kokichi said, making Shuichi laugh. The navy haired boy leant back in his chair.

"Random question, but what's the most painful thing you've had to do?" Shuichi asked after a while of them being quiet.

"Being in love with someone but having to keep it a secret." Kokichi responded quietly.