xviii

"That was nice." Shuichi said as the assassin left.

"Yeah, I guess it was." Kokichi said as he finished his panta and threw it to the other side of the room. It appeared that Kokichi was making a wall out of panta cans.

"Oh my Atua Kokichi, how much panta do you drink?" Shuichi asked, laughing.

"A lot." Kokichi responded, smiling. Shuichi turned his attention to the handcuffs in his hands. He turned the metal object around in his hands, inspecting it. Shuichi smirked before closing one side of the handcuffs around Kokichi's right wrist. Kokichi's eyes widened.

"Oh Shuichi, what are you gonna do with me?" Kokichi said with a smirk. Before Shuichi could reply, Kokichi grabbed his left wrist and clasped the other side on the handcuff shut, handcuffing the two boys together.

"Oh no." Shuichi said in regret.

"Now you can't leave me~" Kokichi said with a smirk. Shuichi groaned.

"We don't even have the key." Shuichi mumbled.

"Maki still has it, I saw it in her pocket." Kokichi said.

"She did this deliberately." Shuichi said.

"Mhm, that she did." Kokichi agreed.

"I'm glad she apologised." Shuichi said.

"So am I. I knew it was mainly Kaito, when you were arguing Maki was awfully quiet." Kokichi said.

"Yeah she was." Shuichi agreed.

"These handcuffs are surprisingly comfortable." Kokichi said, looking at the handcuffs.

"I think you just like being in them." Shuichi said, making Kokichi go bright red.

"I- oh praise Atua." Kokichi mumbled before putting his head back and closing his eyes.

"What are we going to do about dinner? You sit the complete opposite side of the table." Shuichi said.

"I'll just have to sit on your lap." Kokichi said with a smirk.

"Nope, nope and nope." Shuichi said, making Kokichi whine.

"Aw, but Shuichi baby~" Kokichi whined, looking down at his detective boyfriend. Shuichi went bright red. Shuichi glanced at the time before speaking.

"We should start heading to the cafeteria for dinner." Shuichi said.

"But it's comfy here." Kokichi whined, making Shuichi roll his eyes.

"Come on," Shuichi said, standing up and tugging at his handcuffs.

"Ow!" Kokichi said, standing up.

"Shut up, we both know you enjoy it." Shuichi said before walking out the room, Kokichi close behind.

When the two boys got to the cafeteria they were greeted with a remark from Kaito.

"See? They arrived together." Kaito said.

"We didn't have a choice." Shuichi said.

"Why not?" Kaede asked in confusion. Shuichi lifted his arm up to show that the two of them were handcuffed together. Maki burst out laughing.

"You dumbasses." Maki said.

"Okay what's happening, Maki's laughing?" Keebo asked, confused.

"Maki you knew this would happen, that's why you didn't give us the key." Shuichi said, looking at Maki.

"I didn't expect you to do it instantly." Maki said, still giggling. Shuichi walked over to the table, Kokichi right next to him.

"Shumai, let me sit on your lap!" Kokichi whined.

"Over my dead body." Shuichi said.

"That's no fair!" Kokichi complained. Miu walked into the room and had to do a double take.

"Why the fuck are they handcuffed together?" Miu yelled.

"Blame Maki and Shuichi!" Kokichi said.

"W-What's happening?" Kaede asked in confusion.

"I gave Shuichi handcuffs and they used them on each other." Maki said, a small smile on her face.

"Are ya gonna sit down or not?" Miu asked as she sat down. Shuichi and Kokichi looked at each other.

"You owe me big time." Shuichi said as he sat down, patting his lap, signally Kokichi to sit down.

"Yayyy! You're the best Shumai!" Kokichi said as he jumped onto Shuichi's lap. The two boys ate their dinner, a few people laughing occasionally.

"Maki, could we have the key by any chance?" Shuichi asked once he'd finished.

"I lost it." Maki said and Shuichi's jaw dropped. Kokichi burst out laughing.

"She's lying Shuichi." Kokichi said as Maki handed him the keys.

"Kokichi!" Shuichi said reaching for the keys.

"Nishishi~" Kokichi giggled as he attached the key to his belt. Shuichi groaned, burying his face in his hands.

"Have fun Shuichi." Maki said teasingly. Kaito just stared at her but stayed silent.

"Anyway, we'll be going." Kokichi said before jumping up off of Shuichi and walking to the door.

"Ah! Kokichi!" Shuichi said as the handcuffs pulled him out of the chair.

"Come on Shuichi!" Kokichi complained before Shuichi caught up with him. They walked out of the cafeteria together before Shuichi spoke.

"I regret all of my decisions leading up to this moment." The detective said, making Kokichi laugh.

"Maybe you should've handcuffed me then." Kokichi said as they neared the dorms. Shuichi sighed in relief.

The two boys headed straight for Shuichi's dorm before Kokichi sat on the bed. Shuichi sat down next to him.

"Shumai~" Kokichi whined.

"Mhm?" Shuichi hummed, looking at his smaller boyfriend.

"I want kisses." Kokichi said, looking up at the detective.

"Mhm I suppose." Shuichi said with a grin. Kokichi sat on Shuichi's lap, wrapping his arms around the detective's neck. Shuichi awkwardly rested his hand on Shuichi's arm.

"Well this is awkward." Kokichi commented, laughing slightly.

"Well you can make this a lot less awkward if you used the key." Shuichi said, nodding towards the key on Kokichi's belt.

"Ugh, fine." Kokichi said before he unhooked the key and used it on the handcuffs, freeing the boys. Shuichi grabbed the handcuffs and the key and placed it on the bed next to them.

"Now where were we?" Shuichi asked. Kokichi grinned before leaning down and kissing the navy haired boy. Shuichi wrapped his arms around Kokichi, pulling him closer. Kokichi smirked before leaning into Shuichi. The purple haired boy pushed the two over, Kokichi laying on top of Shuichi. The detective pulled away.

"Aw Shuichi." Kokichi whined.

"I need to breathe Kokichi." Shuichi said before the supreme leader flopped onto the bed next to the detective. Suddenly the two heard shouting.

"Wait who's that?" Kokichi mumbled.

"I think it's Kaito and Maki." Shuichi whispered back.