Ch@pter 42

Sky walked further into the forest letting out a sigh. Man, she's been doing that a lot lately! Her mind wandered to the day's events that unfolded right after she stepped out of the well.

As soon as she stepped out of the well into the past she heard a chuckle. She turned towards the person with a poker face. There stood a woman in black robes. She was instantly reminded of the fateful night when her mother was killed. The vision of her heart in the demon's hand flashed before her eyes. Her stumbling on the dead mother's torn out heart. Her lifeless body. It all, very vividly, came back to her. But she showed no emotion. She realised they didn't recognise her, the way they recated to her presence confirmed that.  Thus, she chose not to call her out, not until her mission as the guardian is fulfilled. She can avenge her past later. She wasn't a blind fighter after all, she was a strategist.

"You need something?" She camly asked. It seems Itami has already split her three forms. What might she be brewing? Planning to kill and spoil someone's happy life?

"Well your life would do just fine" the black form replied trying to observe and make sense of every emotion that came across her face. But there came none. Her face seemed stoic and borderline clueless all at the same time.

Sky crossed her hand across her chest. "Look woman, I have an errand to run. So unless you have a good reason to pick a fight with me, don't waste my time." She said pointdly.

The stranger was taken aback by her guts. May be Itami's suspicion was just a wild speculation due to her odd look for a human. But her entire clothing too looked different. Probably she was a foreigner from some strange land. She stepped back as she didn't want to engage in a fight so soon after splitting bodies from out of Itami. She needed to gain strength. She just chuckled again and  began to leave. "Watch your attitude honey, you don't want to die early." She threatened.

Sky scoffed as her threat reached her. She too resumed walking out from the area towards some place that may lead her to the place where only the dead demons go without losing her life.

"Hoi"  She heard Inuyasha call out from a distance. She zonned back in to see Inuyasha slowly walking towards her. Why though? She only had gusses. May be he wanted to strangle her to death. He stopped a hand distance away from her. He seemed as if he was struggling with words.

"Stop making Kagome worry about you, she is unable to focus on our jewel collecting mission!" He blurted out rather harshly with all the wrong reasons coming out of his mouth.

"What do you want me to do? I've told you before I've my own business here and neither you nor anyone else can threaten me enough to stop me." Her gaze narrowed in irritation.

Inuyasha thought for a while an air of suspicion and distrust around him. "Well , Kagome wants you to stay. So do that, perhaps." He looked at her feeling slightly impressed with his answer.

Sky's expressionless facade cracked and now he could see her sad and troubled eyes. He could tell that she realised that none of his gang fully trust her.

Inuyasha let out a long breath moving towards the camp "Come on, I don't trust you because you are suspiciously secretive but I'll bear it until you are tired enough of holding it in, to spill it." He said. Damn! He  surprised himself with the way he spoke. Did the god of verbal speech blessed him or something?

He gazed back to see a surprised yet glad expression on her face. She then gave a light smile and slowly followed him.

Well he was begging to learn a thing or two about patience. Wish he was the same with himself!

***********