Ch@pter 15

"This is all so crazy" Sky murmured as she dropped in her bed. She sighed as all the events rushed back to her. After returning back home and narrating most of the events that took place after her arrival in a frantic state, she retired to her room to rest which she found rather difficult. She just lay there on her bed, all tired but sleepless. She didn't know how long she just lay on her bed, a knock at her door pulled her out of her thought. She sat up as Takumi came in.

"You feeling alright, Lark?" Takumi asked.

"Yeah," She nodded "Just a little weak!"

Takumi moved towards her bed and sat beside her. There was a moment of silence.

"You know," Takumi broke the silence "Even as a kid, I had never seen you cry."

Sky brought her knees close to her chest. "Well everything happened all of a sudden that..."

"That's not the real reason. I'm sure of it." He interrupted.

She turned to her left to look at her big brother. She was formulating an answer when her Grandpa came in.

"Hello, Grandpa!" Sky greeted.
He just nodded and took a seat on the chair.
He didn't speak, he just looked at her as if expecting something.

Sky gave in "Fine! It turns out that I'm the protector to the guardians."

"But I don't understand" Takumi interjected "Why Lark, it's in the past and she from future. It just seem..."

Sky was silent.

"And so can that girl, Kagome" Takumi looked at his sister for answers. He had a feeling that she was withholding something.

"Well Kagome is the reincarnation of the Shikon priestess, Kikiyo. She had the jewel inside of her and was pulled into the bone eaters well by a demon." She explained.

"So, in theory you are a reincarnation as well?" Takumi asked skeptically attempting to get the truth out of her.

Sky sensed the attempt but wasn't ready to open up yet.

"That's most unlikely. Protectors are never reincarnated" The wise old man said.

Takumi stared at Sky. Soon he got up "Well I'll be waiting to know." He briefly said before getting out of the room.

Sky blankly looked towards the door.
"Well it does seem complicated but we'll know the reason for it all soon." Her Grandpa brought her out of her trance "But for now you must prepare for breaking the guardians out of the clutches of that demon you told us about."

Sky sincerely nodded and felt a sense of purpose return that went off track for a while due to the sudden revelation of truth that was buried deep in her memories. But nothing can stop her from fulfilling her role as a protector, she refused​ to be weak and give into mere impulses triggered due to the events of the past. She refuse to succumb to human flaws and use it as a tool to succeed. She will fulfill her promise.

※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Hey guys! Here's the new chapter! Do tell how you feel about it!
And don't forget to vote!! :)