[12] Again?

Carina

Damn...why didn't she make me explain what happened?
She was so sad...
Watching her cry killed me..

I'll get dressed in a second, get my car keys and go find her, telling Arizona that I was sorry but I had to go.

A-"I understand, it's my fault Carina, it's the right thing, I'll be fine!"

I'm in the car and my mind looks like a blender.

Where would she go..?
Her house?
The station?
Is she running, maybe?

I decide to follow that list and in the meantime I call her with my phone.

No answer.

I get to her house, and start knoking to her door.

M-"Maya, It's me...please open the door..."

I hear footsteps...
Yes! She's home!

M-"Carina, please I want to be alone..."

C-"No, now you open the door and listen to me, as I did to you when you came to talk to me!"

Maya

She's right...

I take a deep breath, open the door, and go to the couch to let her know that she can come in.

I move my knees to my chest and surround them with my arms, almost as if it could comfort me.

She sits next to me and starts talking.

C-"Maya, I'm gonna tell you what happened.. listen to me...
So, last night after you drove me home, Arizona knocked on my door, totally drunk, she fell in love again with her ex, and tried to give her a second chance for their daughter.
And it looks like it went wrong.

Anyway, she was making no sense, so I put her in the shower, I waited for her to get better, and then she put one of my pajamas and collapsed on my couch."

I remain silent for a while, she keeps looking at me, and as usual her eyes read me inside.

M-"So nothing happened between you two?"

C-"Well...she tried to kiss me actually, but I stopped her!
She was drunk, Maya.. this morning she didn't even remember that she was at my house.."

She seems to be telling the truth..

C-"Come on, Maya..come here.."

She tells me, opening her arms

I can't resist and I run to hug her..

I love her perfume, it makes me feel home.

It's like if...when I'm with her..
I'm in the clouds, those clouds I used to watch from airplane windows when I was a kid...

And it's so beautiful...

M-"You are my clouds"

She looks at me, curious

C-"Your clouds?"

M-"Yeah, when I was little, I used to look at them from a plane, they looked so soft, and makes me feel good...the idea that I can jump into it...just to turn my life off for an hour and be fine.

Now, you are those clouds..."

When these words come out of my mouth I look at her, and a tear comes down from her eyes..